The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which illusion still puzzles you? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
Many years ago there was a similar topic here, but times have changed and many new illusions has entered the arena. As people who are passionate about the art of illusions most of us know most of this secrets out there, but there must be one or two that you do not know. So, which illusions still puzzle you? For me it's the iPad illusion by the Ehrlich Brothers. It's just amazing! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqU8rRvS8c
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I think there is a difference between watching and performing. While performing I've often forgotten how they work while concentrated on what they do.
I think this works to your advantage on something like a floating.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2862 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
A lot of them do because I don't try to figure them out. That being said, Hans Moretti's cardboard sword box knocked me over, and honestly, I don't want to know how he did it.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
I think it's wonderful when an illusion amazes you! It's because of that feeling of wonder that we do what we do. Whenever I see an illusion now that I do not know how it's done, I get almost child-like excited.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
I think opt art is one of the cooler new illusions out. It's not all that new, but it's brilliant.
domf
View Profile
New user
Canada
67 Posts

Profile of domf
The Blaney 3001 suspension is my favorite! The way Mr. Blaney presented this suspension was very deceptive.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
443 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
The Suspended Animation!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I also like Tenyo magic. Some of it could be upsized to fit a stage.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
All the camera trick stuff on TV Specials now fool me.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I still don't know how the girl gets out of the stack of rings.

Jim
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
My wife and I perform the Steinmeyer "Modern Art". I still am amazed everytime her top half slides over. Of course I know the illusion but it still looks so cool even after all these years. To her credit....she really does her part very well. And I think because my reaction still shows amazement, the audience's reaction conveys the amazement as well. Pretty neat stuff.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I have to second Jay. I thought about some Tenio stuff to upsize it, using it as an stage illusion. Not very easy.

Oliver.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1652 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2016, MagicSA wrote:
Many years ago there was a similar topic here, but times have changed and many new illusions has entered the arena. As people who are passionate about the art of illusions most of us know most of this secrets out there, but there must be one or two that you do not know. So, which illusions still puzzle you? For me it's the iPad illusion by the Ehrlich Brothers. It's just amazing! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqU8rRvS8c

Take a look at the current Vanish Magazine.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
An interesting read. Looks like they are really revolutionizing the way we look at illusion shows and that's fantastic!
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
297 Posts

Profile of mixman
Biting yourself on the forehead. (How the Hell!!!???)
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
82 Posts

Profile of David_N
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
I also like Tenyo magic. Some of it could be upsized to fit a stage.

Paul Daniels did exactly that Jay with one of his stage illusions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Which illusion still puzzles you? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL