The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Hen Fetsch's "Squaround" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
I'm still trying to find the actual Hen Fetsch Squaround released by Gene Gordon - I love Squircle, and I know it's very similar, but I'm trying to get my hands on the Squaround itself. I tried to get one in an auction, but lost.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
Are any of these on a dvd explanation, thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22055 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, wally wrote:
Are any of these on a dvd explanation, thanks.

No, only the presentation on the Visions of Ken Brooke DVD that are silent films.

https://tricksupply.com/product/visions-......ese-dvd/

Squircle is on a single sheet of paper for $5.

https://tricksupply.com/product/squircle-ken-brooke/
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
It seems Squircle is taught on Gene Anderson's DVD "The Greater Magic Video Library #37", which features Gene Anderson's Newspaper act and other routines and includes explanations. I watched it recently, and was surprised it was there.
Dave Fiscus
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dave Fiscus
I'm looking at Spencer's Fetching Magic right now. Squaround is on pages 86-88 with diagrams and a pattern for folding.
Dave
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Dave - thank you!!!! And thanks to everyone for your thoughts.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22055 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is a place that sells the book. I have it, but it was a newer purchase and did not connect it. It has been on sale here several times, but not currently.

Hen Fetsch magic book.

https://tricksupply.com/product/fetschin......er-book/

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Thanks, Bill - I think Denny also has a copy, and he's my local shop, so now I have a couple options. I appreciate all your help! And Hen Fetsch was a local Baltimorian, so that's cool!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone found squaround

released by Gene Gordon ,
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22055 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, wally wrote:
Has anyone found squaround

released by Gene Gordon ,

Wally, Gene Gordon sold a lot of Hen Fetch magic. So I would think the best place to find it would be in Hen Fetch's his book. Then there is a lot of great magic you would also have from that book.

David Ginn wrote a book of Gene Gordon's magic years ago. It was so popular that is sold completely out in a month. Not even magic dealers could get a copy. Ginn never had a second printing. I could not get a copy at the time either. I never seen the book, so I don't know if the trick being discussed would be in Gene Gordon's book, but Gordon added routines to may of the tricks his magic shop sold.

And no, there is no DVD or video, as when these effects were invented, there was only 8 millimeter film with no sound. Those home movie camera only were wind up , and could only film 5 or 10 minutes of action. Very grainy as well in what was called black and white film movies. We call it gray scale these days.

wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
Thank you very much Bill, much appreciated for the reply, I may go for Devin Knights around the square,
FrankFindley
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Was curious about the Squircle discussion of Bowell and Brooke so checked the archives. Turns out there were two versions under that name on the market contemporaneously. The routines were different.

Regarding squaround, it originally sold for $1 direct from Gene Gordon as Bill said.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Hen Fetsch's "Squaround" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL