The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dapper Deck by Vanishing Inc. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
The Dapper Deck Deluxe Set is now available!

When Vanishing Inc. Magic set out to design its first deck of signature brand playing cards, we had one specific goal in mind: to create the most fashion-forward, subtle, and sophisticated "look" for a deck of cards yet devised. The result is the Dapper Deck Deluxe package, which is an attractive deck of cards crafted from the finest stock and finish, along with a matching silk tie and a 1000 thread count pocket square. Everything is packaged in a hand-painted wooden lacquer box complete with lock, practice mirror, and Dapper Deck insignia. Each package comes with a numbered, signed certificate by creators Joshua Jay and Andi Gladwin. Strictly limited to 400 units.

We consulted with two fashion industry experts to help us hone a design that would match fine suits that the stylish magicians we create for would wear. The dapper base colors are navy blue or, for more of a punch, Jerry's Nugget Orange. The details are in pastel shades of green, yellow, red, and grey, and each back design is designed to bring out the colors of your wardrobe, and accent the tie or pocket square in your ensemble.

The idea here is not to look over-matched or branded. Instead, our hope is that early in your performance, perhaps as the cards are being shuffled, your most astute spectators will notice that the attractive print on the back of your cards is matched to your pocket square and tie. This is the kind of detail we strive for in the quality of our magic. It should be the detail we strive for in our appearance as well.

The Dapper Deck Deluxe is comprised of a heavy wooden box that previews the Dapper Deck design. Inside you are supplied with a deck of each color--navy and orange--as well as the pocket square (made of the finest quality silk available to us) and a thin, silk tie. A practice mirror is provided on the lid of the box for a quick check to make sure your hands are nimble and your tie is on straight. And an ornamental lock and key are provided to keep unsuspecting eyes away from the secrets of the Dapper Deck.

Strictly limited to 400 sets.

Individual Dapper Decks also available HERE

We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I love these cards! Can't wait to get my hands on some.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
April fools?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
April fools?

No ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
So lovely set
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Saw this set at Magi-Fest. Thought it was funny that no one at the Vanishing Inc booth used the cards or wore the tie all weekend. I thought tie was ugly and too thin but cards handled nicely.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
April fools?

Smile Smile
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Saw this set at Magi-Fest. Thought it was funny that no one at the Vanishing Inc booth used the cards or wore the tie all weekend. I thought tie was ugly and too thin but cards handled nicely.

I really liked playing around with them. I don't work for Vanishing Inc, but I was helping out at the booth and a few of us did use the cards. The ones who didn't had their own decks that were already broken in. I prefer the orange deck myself as it's brighter and attention getting. The deck isn't USPC, but wouldn't be able to tell, they way they handle. I also really like that some of the cards and pips that match the card back. Similar to the Fulton's joint decks from D&D. Overall they're a really dope deck imho
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Looking forward to my deluxe set arriving! Had to add this to my pocket square collection!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Looking forward to my deluxe set arriving! Had to add this to my pocket square collection!

So you've spent £125 on a box, 2 decks and a tie and hanky ?

Wow !!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

A decent pocket square and tie can go for at least $75 a piece. So the price isn't too outlandish if looking it as a fashion accessory with this kind of rich pattern and material.

Could you get a cheaper tie and pocket square? Of course. You could also get a cheaper computer instead of a MacBook but I'm glad I sprung more for the Mac.

Think about how much junk you've gotten for $50-$100 in gimmicks that just sat in a drawer....in so doing, you'll realize the Dapper set is not only a fine value...but a must have for any distinguished gentleman such as myself Smile
Filip Struzka
View Profile
New user
Czech rep.
21 Posts

Profile of Filip Struzka
To Ray Chelt: I suppose that the price is without the cost of shipping to Europe, right?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Deck cost 8 bucks per deck ( https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......er-deck/ ) , the delux version cost 150 bucks ...

That means 144 bucks for a tie , hanky , box and mirror ?

Very nice items , beautiful design , but not worth the price asked ( at least not for me ) ...

But I guess this will be a gem in a collector's eyes ? ...

- Albert Einstein
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I agree . Do feel that's too much . I like my shirt and ties . But it's not for me. Although I have ordered the blue and orange decks . As I do like the look of them.
Plus I'm a bit of a card collector
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I gotta be honest, the tie and square are slick. Trendy and fashionable. Totally want them, myself. The fact the deck matches... so cool.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Deck cost 8 bucks per deck ( https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......er-deck/ ) , the delux version cost 150 bucks ...

Very nice items , beautiful design , but not worth the price asked ( at least not for me ) ...

Yet, you are quite comfortable (and forgiving I might add) of a $60+ nut and bolt that did not work properly. Apologies...I just couldn't resist being a smart ***.

Point is, to each his own. Value means different things to different people.

Yes, I am more than okay with spending $150 on a limited edition set that includes two original decks, a one of a kind box, and quality tie + pocket square...of which only 400 are made. So not many others will be wearing what Im wearing. That seems like money well spent to me.

Especially when you consider you can go to Ralph Lauren and and spend $95 for just a pocket square:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index......e=search

If you don't wear this kind of stuff, then maybe your not going to value it the same, I get it. But someone could argue that a $60 nut and bolt seems ridiculous too is all I'm saying.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 4, 2016, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Magician560 wrote:

Yet, you are quite comfortable (and forgiving I might add) of a $60+ nut and bolt that did not work properly. Apologies...I just couldn't resist being a smart ***.

Point is, to each his own. Value means different things to different people.

Yes, I am more than okay with spending $150 on a limited edition set that includes two original decks, a one of a kind box, and quality tie + pocket square...of which only 400 are made. So not many others will be wearing what Im wearing. That seems like money well spent to me.

Especially when you consider you can go to Ralph Lauren and and spend $95 for just a pocket square:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index......e=search

If you don't wear this kind of stuff, then maybe your not going to value it the same, I get it. But someone could argue that a $60 nut and bolt seems ridiculous too is all I'm saying.

By the way , for the nut and bolt sake , it's working perfectly now , in case you haven't been up to date with the Strongman thread . After an exchange of course .

Let me just take a moment to explain why a nut and bolt " trick " is worth that 60 + .

I'll be able , and definitely will be adding Strongman to my metal bending routine . It's been a routine that I constantly perform in gigs , which gave me income . When Strongman went into my working set , it's well worth the 60 + . For a single gig I got will earn me back that amount . And not to say I've added something extra for my clients . If I can use Strongman to earn me my monthly income at gigs , why is it not worth the 60 + ?

Okay back to this deck . I fully agree with what you said . I'm not a deck collector anyway myself . So I don't understand the value of this kind of items , just like you don't understand the value of gimmicks , if you said it's worth the amount spent for this , I'll respect with your views then . The value of things is worth differently in different human's eyes . It's simple why I don't get the price point . The tie and pocket square is simply too bright and colorful to be used in real life . I'll look weird with it ... While the deck is indeed great , it's priced at a reasonable 8 bucks per deck . However I don't get the price point of a 144 product that is just for collection . I would rather spend a few hundred just for something that looks acceptable , that I'll be able to use , but good quality of course .

If you think it's worth the price asked , good for you , it'll definitely be a gem to you when you received it . Do post on your thoughts on this once you received your set . I'm very curious of the quality of those hanky and tie .

- Albert Einstein
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

All good. And please don't misunderstand me. I do get the value of the $60 nut and bolt too (I was being a smarta**...I have to crack wise every now and then!). Indeed, I was pretty close to getting Strongman myself but realized I probably wouldn't be using it as much (i may cave in eventually though)

I'm just saying someone (not me necessarily but perhaps someone who definitely wouldn't use strongman) could say that $60 for that gimmick is too steep too. Anyone could say that about any product if its something they don't value.

So I think we're both in agreement that value is indeed to the eye of the beholder. The price is right to someone, somewhere.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:

Especially when you consider you can go to Ralph Lauren and and spend $95 for just a pocket square

You can buy pocket squares on Amazon for like $10-15 bucks- I think its a little silly to compare a Vanishing Inc fashion product to that of an established quality brand like Ralph Lauren.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:

Especially when you consider you can go to Ralph Lauren and and spend $95 for just a pocket square

You can buy pocket squares on Amazon for like $10-15 bucks- I think its a little silly to compare a Vanishing Inc fashion product to that of an established quality brand like Ralph Lauren.

Like I said before. of course you can get pocket squares for cheaper. But would you rather have a generic laptop or a mac? a jc penney cookware set or Le Creuset? A wannabe shark vacuum cleaner or a dyson?

I think you know which I would prefer. And if you prefer your generic amazon pocket square, than by all means wear it...though no distinguished gentleman such as myself would be caught dead in it Smile

I have to believe though that there are some items you splurge on because you find them to be worth it. Let's not get all pious here.

As for RL being an established brand, that could be a fair point. But Tesla is not an established brand like BMW and they are charging BMW prices and doing quite well at it.

I consider VI a premium purveyor of magic and in its respective field produces items just as quality driven.

In this case, it could be argued that the pocket square/tie is even more premium since it is boutique/custom made (not cheap) and limited edition. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry is going to have access to one. So there has to be a premium price tag for that.

So it's really not such a "silly" comparison after all... I'm a marketer/brand guy by trade so I don't make it lightly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dapper Deck by Vanishing Inc. (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL