The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Going to USA again, this time to NY... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
Are there any good magic stores I should visit there? I want to buy some basic stuff like sponges, booklets, flash paper, mouth coils, etc. Appreciatte all help!
shane079
View Profile
New user
ga
33 Posts

Profile of shane079
Am not sure jmsilhy wish I could help but am from atlanta but am sure theres some good shops there..good luck on your trip..
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Tannen's is in NYC. They have a website too.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Jmsilhy, Here is the web address for Tannens magic shop in New York and it is http://www.tannens.com hope this helped you out
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
Thanks guys, I looked at it and it will definately be worth a visit!
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
When are you going to be in NYC? There is a lecture on the 18th of this month at Tannen's, if you are here during that time, it'd be worth it to call and see if there are any more tickets left. Oh, the lecture is by John George.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Ricky B
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
172 Posts

Profile of Ricky B
I had heard a lot about Tannen's, and some of my first magic purchases were from them, so I looked forward to visiting them. Unfortunately, I was disappointed when I visited the store. Out of the way location, hard to find (2d floor), and not that inviting a store. It's under new ownership now and maybe it's better.

Flash paper may be illegal to carry on an airplane, even if in your luggage. I don't know, just raising a concern.

I have heard that there are a couple of restaurants in NYC that local magician hang out at (Saturday afternoons, I believe), and they would be worth checking out.

--Rick
jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
Ricky, You're probably right about flash paper, better not get any... You happen to know which restaurants?
Danny I see you're from Ct, that's my final destination, are there any good stores there I could visit? Or something interesting related to this magnificent hobby?
Thanks for the replies!
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
If you get a chance you may want to also check out Oz Pearlman's magic show. I've heard it's pretty good. Showtimes and information are available at http://www.watchmagic.com/showtime.html
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
Ronjo Magic, Inc.
1651 Route 112
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11716
Phone: 631-928-1506

http://www.ronjo.com
Ricky B
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
172 Posts

Profile of Ricky B
If I recall correctly, Maui Tacos is one. If I find out the other, I will post again.

One other suggestion. Be sure to check out Monday Night Magic. They have shows every Monday at 8 PM. I went and had a good time. Jamy Ian Swiss was the M.C. and Rocco (of D'Lite fame) was one of the performers. As far as I know, the performers (and presumably the M.C.) change every week.

Here is the link to check it out:

http://mondaynightmagic.com/fhome.html

--Rick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Going to USA again, this time to NY... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL