The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Card thru window (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Other posts on this trick don't really weigh the pros and cons of the different variations. Can anyone describe the variations in detail. Also why is this so expensive?
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Which one are you talking about?
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1146 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
There are MANY different versions on the market. each one differs slightly and has it's own pros and cons. Are you referring to the effect in general, or someone's version?
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
I've never really seen a version of this trick that would work in the real world.
I can't see slogging through someones garden unseen to afix the neccessary gimmicks to the outside of a clients window before a show.
Many of them would work fine in ones own home as they could be set up before hand long before ones guests arrived. Unless your intending to get to your gig an hour or so before the guests I'd say your money would be better spent on a few good books.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Well I don't really know the exact number of the card through a window routine and its exact name, but the only two I heard of is Card thru window by Peter Marvey and John Kennedy's Card thru window.

You're saying that the gimmick takes time to setup, but can this be done in couple minutes beforehand or is it a time consuming task?
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I would never perform card through window tricks. Too much setup and it's not very popular. That's just me.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
There's another one out there called Meeting Point, much less expensive, but don't waste your money. Very unworkable and too much setup. If you must have this effect, you can buy mine, PM me, you can have it cheap.

Here's a link and video demo: http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1146 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
Don't forget the versions that do not require set up or gimmicks...ah the good ol' classics.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
How long does this setup take? Seconds, minutes hours?

Also are there any difference among the different variations?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bob Hummer was doing the card through the window back in the 1930's. He would use a borrowed deck, preferrably one with a very easily identified back design, NOT a common one. The spectators looked at and remembered a card. Bob mimed throwing the pips of the card at the window. And there it was.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What I'm picking up from this thread so far is this: There is no PRACTICAL way to do this miracle, and it is really a pipe dream, and all the adds are basicly misleading because they don't tell you the harsh reality that you have to somehow get on the other side of the window and stick the card there ahead of time.

No miracles.

By the way, and just on an offbeat, did you see the David Blaine special where he did this effect on the front of what looked like an eating establishment?

If you get to look at it, after the card appears on the inside of the window, look at the lady who is sitting inside. She has a look on her face like she is trying to keep from smiling. Like she is holding back on her amusement. I honestly get the impression everytime I watch this that Blaine paid her to stick the card on the window.

That is just my feeling.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey, Daff...

Ain't that the CLASSIC way to do it? Heck, first time I ever saw that performed, I was stunned...found out later, that's precisely how it was done...

You won't catch ME slogging around outside a building in the dark these days...good way to wind up arrested, LOL! Smile

Doug
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I have Sean Bogunia's Windomation and it is the most awesome effect. I do it all the time and the set is so small. I know Greg Frewin is doing it as part of his close up act on cruise ships and I have done it hundreds of times in the lounge when folks ask for a minor miracle. The cost may seem high but the workings are incredible and the fact that the card can disappear just as fast at the end makes this the perfect version.

Sean has another winner on his hands...

Shawn Farquhar
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I do want to second Windowmation, if you are going to do a Card Through window, this is THE version to get.

Pricey, but I think all other versions pale in comparison.

You can control a card appearing and disappearing on the outside of a window!!!!

With palming you can really make it look like your pulling and pushing the card through the window... amazing!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17148 Posts

Profile of joseph
You guys may change your mind about this effect if you look at this thread, and the associated website:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&19

Cool
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks joseph,

Yes, some of you may be interested in what I am offering. Mine, as far as I am aware, is a different approach to the idea if nothing else!

Check it out.

Dave Forrest.
TheNashvilleMagician
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of TheNashvilleMagician
Well, Sean sure has a nice version. I am no manufacturer of apparatus, but there one of few things I made was a CTW. I experimented and came up with a cheap and fairly clever method. Since this is not a for sale item and is my version , I will indulge on it some. The remote I have controls a spring motion that is attached to a very transparent and extremely clear strip of material that is attached to the card you want to appear on the outside. The one I made is like a flap or trap door concept (best I can describe. When the remote is pressed, the spring is released and catapults the card (attached to the transparent material)sideways and against the glass window. It happens too fast for the eye to catch. The downfall is with my version is that you can't make the card appear in the center of window. It attaches on a sold surface obscured from view (like the wall of beneath window sill, etc). I have to look at Sean's version again, but from what I recall, he does not allow the card to penetrate in the middle of the window or even close to it either. The strip can only be a max length. FYI, the remote will also retract the strip from the card (leaving only the card taped to window with no trace of knowhow seen). I am working on a vid to post soon. I hope this is not upsetting to those that I reveal my method. I have never purchased a CTW before and know of no other magician's version. What I reveal is to help those who wish to go somewhere with this. PM me if you want details. Magically yours, JimmyD
cngmagic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
27 Posts

Profile of cngmagic
That sounds like one of the CTW methods from expert magic.
Mojodrazil
View Profile
New user
Fl.
19 Posts

Profile of Mojodrazil
Daniel Garcias KAOS. Simple impromptu quite visual. I dig it. -Mojo
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
457 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 18:03, Mojodrazil wrote:
Daniel Garcias KAOS. Simple impromptu quite visual. I dig it. -Mojo

Kaos was created by Sean Beard.
Performed by Daniel Garcia on Ellusionist's DVD.

Now performed by MANY!!!

Nice job Sean. Wonderful performance DG. Great production E.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Card thru window (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL