The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Card thru window (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I have been dieing to post this so here it is. I own Kennedy's and Dave Forest Card thru windows. I hated the first faze of Kennedy's CTW (not really magical) and was trying to figure out a better method to where I did not have to provide cover (I actually went into my garage one day tring to figure something out with no success). I ordered CTW by Dave Forest and this ended up being exactly what I was looking for. I now use Dave's first faze with Kennedy's second faze putting the corner thru. I will tell ya, these two effects working along side one another KILL!!! No more trina cover the first faze of Kennedy's with your back, you can now make it look like real magic with Dave's CTW. Also, if I had to choose between Dave's and Kennedy's version, I'd go with Dave's. Dave created an awesome CTW effect that ends pretty darn clean, and the card can be taken off the back. By the way, I prefer Dave's enhanced version of CTW, for me it is just more practical of a carry around. Just my opinion.

Paul
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Kaos is great! Just sometimes have trouble finding a window to perform it. Otherwise, Its a great effect. Gets 'um every time.
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
In the last month I have purchased JK CTW, Dave forrest CTW, and Windowmation. Here's the order for me; 1st Place= Windowmation, 2nd= Dave forrest CTW, and 3rd= JK Card thru window. JK card thru window is a very stronge effect, I just do not like the fact that the card cannot be takin off the back of the window, this is very important for me. Also, this cannot be done on double pained windows; and as I live in Chicago, the climate up here forces us to have them thicker windows. Dave forrest method is very genius, this (for me) has a slight edge over Kennedy's because of the fact that the card can be taken from the back of the window, and I just feel more comfortable performing this one, as less "sneeky" moves need to be done during presentation. Windowmation is the TOP dog!! I have heard some complain about the set-up involved here , but this does not bother me one bit (it's fairly quick and simple). The gimmick can be set-up to accommodate basically any style of window, and there is an alternate method in which Sean teaches you to where you can set the gimmick up on (pretty much) any surface of the surrounding window. Springing the cards at the window, watching them drop, and then seeing a card stuck to the other side is just breath-takin!! And being able to make the card vanish, or just takin it off yourself is another big plus. The first time I done windomation I could not help but laugh my butt off, just so darn cool and magical!! It brought me back to my Childhood watching David Copperfield do the same effect. Well guess what Copperfield, Blaine, Angel?? I can now do the same dam thing y'all do (man it feels good to be able to say that!!)!!

Paul
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
You guys would love Nick Verna's "SURREAL" if it ever comes out! From what I hear, the spectator can SEE and FEEL their signed card melt slowly through the window or glass table. Sounds amazing!
Maxum
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Maxum
There is a new Card Thru Window coming out by Taylor Lewis...I can't wait to see a demo, as some of us have been waiting for a while on this trick.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
A couple things on Windowmation, as this seems the one I want. How long does it take to set up, in real time? Is the gimmick involved, on the inside or outside? Is it fully out my command to appear and re-appear?

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Gimmick is on the outside and it is under your command. Takes a bit of set up but does look great.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
I do my own version (some setup is required, I do it at the window of my car, and with a card without a corner), and I know that is going to be released a Signed CTW , impromptu (really), so I started to use that version , and it plays really well.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Here's Lewis':
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUcafw3kqlY

I remember an old teaser vid of it that looked quite impressive. Now I'm confused with this one...
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I used to be looking forward to Liquid ctw but that teaser vid is horrible (in my opinion). I don't think spectators are silly enough to fall for that, although as I'm just guessing at the method I could have it all wrong. When I was thinking of ways of doing a ctw, I tried something which looks very similar (except I used a newspaper/magazine like Liquid used to) which from my experience wasn't up to what I was looking for.
I hope I am wrong though and that this surprises me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Card thru window (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL