The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ECSS 3 2017 (817 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Regular user
The City of Lights
111 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Two years ago I believe I performed something at ECSS with The Mystic Seer and a deck of tarot cards. Sebastian Black was my volunteer....I have a new and improved version with dozens of variations. It's call FORTUNE 500 and I'll be releasing it here just in time for Halloween!!!! Look for the ads to be up very soon. I'll have a dedicated phone number for those who wish to do something over the phone .. let the fun begin .. Can't wait to see everyone again!!!

I remember the performance at ECSS I and it killed. Cannot wait to pick it up. The Gypsy Fortune Telling & Roshambo I bought that year have been gold to me ever since!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, The Supernaturalist wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Two years ago I believe I performed something at ECSS with The Mystic Seer and a deck of tarot cards. Sebastian Black was my volunteer....I have a new and improved version with dozens of variations. It's call FORTUNE 500 and I'll be releasing it here just in time for Halloween!!!! Look for the ads to be up very soon. I'll have a dedicated phone number for those who wish to do something over the phone .. let the fun begin .. Can't wait to see everyone again!!!

I remember the performance at ECSS I and it killed. Cannot wait to pick it up. The Gypsy Fortune Telling & Roshambo I bought that year have been gold to me ever since!

Thanks ....Have you see the Professors Mideavil spin off of roshambo??? Nice props and a whole different angle.. Confundamus http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Regular user
The City of Lights
111 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
I juat ran across it! Guess I gotta get with Vic and hook 1 up! Thanks Slim King!
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Maybe Slim will put some of his goodies up for sale at this years convention Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Jimmy Ledbetter
View Profile
Regular user
the Dirty South
127 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Ledbetter
Well Vlad, we can only hope!

Jimmy Smile
Jimmy Ledbetter
www.houstonmentalism.com
ECSS II Alumni
ECSS III Alumni
"Do not seek the truth, for the truth will find you"
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Just as a heads up we sometimes post things on Facebook before here, so you may want to keep an eye out here also
(you can also see some of the fun designs we have been playing with, like Poe as the King)

https://www.facebook.com/EastCoastSpiritSessions/
Vlad ^0^
www.Gothicmagic.com
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
This years special wkshp will be conducted by none other than Docc Hilford (if you haven't seen him you are in for a treat)
Docc Conducted his own Bizarre Convention for a number of years The Weerd Weekend and we are happy he is joining us for ours
Vlad ^0^
www.Gothicmagic.com
Jimmy Ledbetter
View Profile
Regular user
the Dirty South
127 Posts

Smile

Jimmy Smile
Jimmy Ledbetter
www.houstonmentalism.com
ECSS II Alumni
ECSS III Alumni
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Docc will be in the house, how can you say no this face

Click here to view attached image.
Vlad ^0^
www.Gothicmagic.com
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2126 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2016, gothicmagic wrote:
Docc will be in the house, how can you say no this face

knoooooooooooow?
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1245 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow! The special Prof BC effect has been revealed to the mailing list..! FAR more wonderful than I imagined it would be!!

I seriously can't believe this is free to the first 75 registrants...
Jimmy Ledbetter
View Profile
Regular user
the Dirty South
127 Posts

Very nice indeed!

Jimmy Smile
Jimmy Ledbetter
www.houstonmentalism.com
ECSS II Alumni
ECSS III Alumni
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
886 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Well, I can confirm that I'll be there, just purchased my ticket and getting ready to book the flight and hotel!

Darkly

Dan
Jimmy Ledbetter
View Profile
Regular user
the Dirty South
127 Posts

Great news Dan!

Jimmy Smile
Jimmy Ledbetter
www.houstonmentalism.com
ECSS II Alumni
ECSS III Alumni
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
We are constantly striving to come up with new talks, add to our selective group of dealers and make each year more fun or atleast of consistent excellence that people will always want to return to us, I'm thrilled that it has gelled so well, I'm honored that BC has created something special for us as a thank you registration gift (My input for the first one was that it needed to be something we would use, rather than just a "something" and that thought has exceeded my expectations)
there is also a special something that I'll mention shortly that BC has graciously offered to do for us that only one will receive at the ECSS (I'll talk more on that soon)
Vlad ^0^
www.Gothicmagic.com
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
663 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Wow, that looks fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing everyone again this year as well!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
882 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Three years ago Prof BC released one of his most popular pieces of all time: AES GOETIA. That effect sold out in record time at a price of 400 pounds sterling (approximately $650 at that time). It was also a limited edition item and will never be made again. Those that have an AES GOETIA will attest that it is a wonder of engineering and a beautiful prop, constructed of heavy brass plates and solid, aged cherry wood. Prof BC always suggested that he might create a similar piece for his Realm of Faerie releases, and, as a taste of that (yet-far-off) effect, he has created a CELTIC version of his AES GOETIA for this year's ECSS giveaway. That's right, this extraordinary piece will be given FREE to the first 75 registrants.

Prof BC is calling this exclusive ECSS piece BEITHIGH ó IFREAN (Beasts of Hell). You may see an image of the AES GOETIA on the Lebanon Circle Magic site (http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collections/profbc/products/aes-goetia), but Beithigh ó Ifrean (while similar) will feature completely different art, an Irish knot theme, will be smaller (6"), and fabricated in museum-quality resin to simulate a wooden frame holding a genuine-bonded-bronze trio of 'plates.' The cold-cast bronze plates will be aged by hand.
Aes Goetia – Lebanon Circle Prop & Illusion Design
www.lebanoncircle.co.uk
Pronounced Ice Go-EIGHTY-ah, the phrase means “Demons in Brass.” It is taken from the 17th-century work entitled Ars Goetia (Demon Art). The Ars Goetia tells of

The effect? Well, it remains as it is described on the Lebanon site, but briefly, here it is:
The Effect
After telling your story and counting out the beasts on the bronze, you carefully turn out the three plates, face down, onto a table in order better to display the 'wooden' plate, which is branded with a magical Celtic Design.
You (or a spectator) then turns over the BEITHIGH ó IFREAN so the beasts again show, trapped upon the bronze. You count the infernal beasts again (a bit relieved that they are still firmly in place) and place the plate face downward over the bronze pieces.
Using St. Patrick's own curse, you call forth the temporary release of some of the beasts (as he once did to expel the serpents from Ireland).
You (or a spectator) carefully lifts away the plate and counts the beasts again. There are now TWO missing. The spectator is invited to count yet again. Indeed, there are 2 fewer than before (though she was able to count them herself both before and after the stunning disappearance--an ETCHED-on image, nay TWO, have impossibly escaped from the bronze!
They are out and in the room.
After the demon beasts have done your bidding, you again use the words of the blessed saint to exorcise and drive back the potent creatures to their cells upon the bronze. The pieces are collected into the plate once more (by you or with the direct aid of a spectator), and the final exorcism is performed. When it is finished, the spectator counts and finds there are now the full complement of hellish beasts again trapped upon the bronze, as at the beginning of the presentation.
No switches. No sleights. No magnets. Nothing to conceal. No electronics (no bloody batteries!) No threads, in fact nothing but what you see at all times. All pieces remain in full view the entire time, and yet Celtic Zoomorphic Designs impossibly leave and later return to the deeply-incisedbronze plates.
This may be used as a one-off performance piece or else as a ‘gateway’ effect into a full routine.
*The Saint Patrick story is only one of many potential approaches you may use to set up this stunner.
**This piece will be made available exclusively to ECSS, 2016. The moulds will be destroyed, and it will never be made again nor will this particular piece ever be offered for sale (except perhaps on the secondary market . . . but do not count on that!)
Jimmy Ledbetter
View Profile
Regular user
the Dirty South
127 Posts

I can't wait Steve! And huge thanks to Professor BC!

Jimmy Smile
Jimmy Ledbetter
www.houstonmentalism.com
ECSS II Alumni
ECSS III Alumni
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
282 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Hmmmmm. I'm wondering now, do I register my wife as a spouse or a full participant? Do I need 2 of these? (Of course I WANT 2 of these, I asked if I NEED 2)
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
882 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Still time to register for East Coast Spirit Sessions III and receive the amazing and very exclusive Prof BC Prop BEITHIGH ó IFREAN (Beasts of Hell). 33 units remain, will one of them be yours?

Join us Martin Luther King Jr weekend for ten unbelievable lectures by the best in the industry. Plus three unforgettable evening shows, the free Friday buffet, a killer vendor room, and our legendary hospitality suite every single night. Back by popular demand from last year, Midnight Seance Shows on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Don't forget the free Proc BC effect to the first 75 full registrants. New this year, the phenomenal Docc Hilford will provide the all day Friday workshop. Talk about an amazing weekend, will you be there? January 13, 14, and 15 2017. Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

More details at http://eastcoastspiritsessions.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ECSS 3 2017 (817 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL