The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Steven Keyl's The Three Pillars of Classic Force Recovery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3007 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Available here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6781

"The classic force is generally regarded as the most natural and convincing of all card forces. Yet it is one of the least used. Why? Because people assume that it isn't 100% surefire and reliable.

Many struggle with the classic force because somewhere in the back of their mind they hear the little gremlins of self-doubt say, "What are you going to do if you MISS?!?"

This video is designed for all the people that want to use the classic force but worry about all the things that could go wrong. The "3 pillars of recovery" is a system covering all contingencies yet still allows you to force a card in the most casual and deceptive manner possible.

Pillar 1 - TECHNICAL OUTS
Pillar 2 - PSYCHOLOGICAL OUTS
Pillar 3 - PHYSICAL OUTS

Each pillar deals with a different strategy of recovering from a situation where the spectator "takes the wrong card." You can mix and match these different strategies or you may find that one of them resonates so strongly with you that you don't need the others--and that's fine!

After working through the nearly 70 minutes of material you will be so comfortable and confident that you will begin to ACTUALLY USE the classic force! And there's no way to put a price on that... oh, wait, there is... $9.95.

Note: While the classic force itself is briefly covered, this video is really focused on all of the situations where things may not go exactly as planned... AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM! For an in-depth look at the classic force itself, there are several resources to choose from, most notably Paul Green's DVD on the classic force.

Review:

The Café's own Steven Keyl released his first instructional video yesterday. If you follow his posts here, you already know that he is a deeply read and thoughtful guy. He brings all of that plus plenty of healthy, real world experience to this tutorial. Clocking in at almost 1 hour and 10 minutes, the video explains in great detail a variety of practical methods for recovering from a "miss" when performing the classic force. Some of this material has been touched on in the works of others, but I've never seen, in one resource, anything close to the comprehensive toolkit that Steven provides here. This download tutorial touches on topics such as spectator management, psychology, technical aspects of the classic force and loads of practical methods of recovery when you miss. If you do the classic force already or want to, even in situations where it "has to work" and you can't just change to a trick that doesn't require a force, you're going to find some great ideas in this video that you will use.

This is not one of those videos you watch only once. It's one you'll want to study, take notes, and refer to again and again. No matter your approach or proficiency with the classic force, you'll find some solid ideas here that you will use.

Highly recommended.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I am a long time fan of Steven's magic book review site as well as his posts here which are also very informative and well thought out. I discovered the classic force years ago via Paul Green's wonderful video and have come up with a few ideas that I generally use when I miss. Knowing the thought Steven puts into " all things magic", I will definitely be picking up this download to add some outs to my arsenal. The Classic Force is certainly one of those moves in card magic that you can never have enough info on and you never stop learning.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I watched this today, and for me it was very good value, and puts together a very useful batch of Classic Force recovery strategies. Those who are reasonably well read on card tricks will probably already know the 'physical' solutions that Steven Keyl offers for when the force misses, but I certainly hadn't thought how they might serve in this situation. The sections on 'psychological' outs and on dealing with truculent spectators / participants are also worth listening to, he's clearly put a lot of thought into how to approach various potential difficulties, and into refining what he wants to say in the video.

The format is like an informal lecture, low on frills and high on content. I personally like Mr Keyl's style of delivery - he is articulate, to the point, and demonstrates clearly with a pack of cards how to undertake the moves he is describing. Well worth an hour an ten minutes of my viewing time, and as noted in a post above, also worthy of further study.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is well worth the money for anyone lacking confidence in their CF. Some good outs provided for when you miss.
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Classic force is easy to hit, 100% of the time.

If you want to do it with that kind of precision, get the book Kenton put out on Tullock, years ago.

Then, grow a set and do it all the time.

It's way easier than most people think.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Steven Keyl's The Three Pillars of Classic Force Recovery (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL