The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Now Available - Out of Sight by Joshua Jay (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Klaus, just received mine yesterday and I have to say Kudos once again for a great product. I also love the idea of counting the cards on the box to help with squaring and picking up the deck. Of course anytime can be disastrous doing a trick without proper audience management, this one especially. Wolfe, I think Jay covers this quite well in the video.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Had this a few days now and I am very pleased with it. I would be comfy in handing out the cards for a brief inspection - no problem.
The deck is very well made and very well gimmicked.
This effect comes down to how confident you are and how good your audience management skills are.
9/10 for me.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
Is there any news on when Vanishing Inc UK will be able to dispatch?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
My advice on this is simple...handle the cards as if you were the spectator. You will see you have nothing to worry about. Because in reality you have nothing to worry about.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

My advice on this is simple...handle the cards as if you were the spectator. You will see you have nothing to worry about. Because in reality you have nothing to worry about.

Good magic to all,

Eric
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Beautiful packaging.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2016, pierredan wrote:
Beautiful packaging.

Thank you Smile
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2016, JonathanB wrote:
Is there any news on when Vanishing Inc UK will be able to dispatch?

Jonathan

received mine from vanishing inc uk. If they don't have it available in their uk branch, then they will have it dispatched from usa to the uk branch and then onto you . They absorb the extra postage cost you don't pay any extra. I had mine with in 5 days from usa via vanishing inc uk. But you can check with vanishing inc and see if they have any available at their uk branch for dispatch.Either way it was great service to have it with in 5 days from the usa branch.Also make sure you order from the UK BRANCH.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
Thanks, I've already ordered from Vanishing Inc UK - I knew that there was a delay as I think Card Shark are still making them and catching up with orders! No worries, I can wait!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I'm in the same boat Jonathan...

Kieran
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
Just been notified that it's been dispatched today... yippee! Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
We are out of decks at the moment for the preparation. The demand was overwhelming that we ran out of stock. I expect more decks arriving next week so that we can start the spraying procedure again.

Chinese Proverb
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
I've just got mine - a great product!

I have another idea for glasses wearers (or those having issues with the blindfold) which might be useful, so I've emailed it over to Joshua via the Vanishing Inc website. For now I'll just say that maybe you could present it as heightening all your other senses when sight is removed, so you have an excuse to hold the cards such that you are trying with your other senses (smell, taste, hearing) - a couple of those in particular might help...

This hopefully should make sense to people who have purchased the deck! Smile
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Jonathan I think that's a great idea. You could use the smell sense as an awsome way to bring the cards to a great position to get the information you need. Nice observation.

Good magic to all,

Eric
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
Thanks Eric, I just need to actually write and learn some decent patter now - I might transcribe Joshua's version and then make my changes.

P.S. unintentional pun in my last line on my previous post... Smile
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
83 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
I wear contact lenses but I still can't see what I would need to unless the table was very high, and I had different nose. However I just present the trick in a different way, starting with a false overhand shuffle when I get the cards back.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the construction of the deck. Highly recommended.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Received this today and after playing around with it I can only concur with what's already been said,this is a great effect and the cards are well made. After opening the deck I could not find the secret I actually thought that they sent me an ungimmicked deck!
One little mishap I had after playing around with it I performed it for my girlfriend and when I was showing her that the cards were all blank she saw the first card was not blank,it didn't ruin the effect because after seeing the rest of the deck and checked a few to make sure they were really blank she just thought that the card she was thinking of and the first card were the only two normal cards in the deck.
The blindfold is spot on, not too tight just right. I highly recommend this!

Kieran
dvgulik
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dvgulik
Does anyone have suggestions for the blindfold? I can't see anything with it (that's usually where the blinfold is meant to be for haha). No but serious what am I doing wrong?
Magic is making things impossible. Impossible things aren't always magic.
www.davevangulik.nl
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
As there seems to be some issues with the blindfold and especially magicians who wear glasses. How is the following idea that I just had (it would even fix the discrepancy in the presentation that some mentioned)?

Telling the premise of the problem (blind spectator), you invite one person who would not have a problem being blindfolded and one extra person helping him (and being the witness that all happens under fair conditions).

Blindfold one spectator and hand him the deck, you turn away so that you cannot see what will happen.
The spectator is in the position of the Blind Person now, and should think of a card. Let him deal down the cards onto the table so that everyone in the audience can follow which was the chosen card. The second spectator will help him putting the rest of the deck on top and to destroy any "evidence".

Turn around. Find the card and place it face down on the table. Name the card to the Blind Person. Then show the card to the rest of the audience.
Finally, let the spectator remove the blindfold, and as a kicker, turn the deck over and show that all cards are blank.

Chinese Proverb
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Got this from Cardshark two weeks ago and have got time to play around with it. I have not performed it yet.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned a 'problem' when the 9 of diamonds is selected. Well, I don't think this is really a problem, because the cards are back side up. (Owners of the deck will understand.)

But with the 10 of diamonds chosen/thought of? You who have the deck, try it. Do you notice what will happen?
Or am I doing something wrong.
There is a way to fix this. You just have to make some changes in the set up, and not follow Jay's set up instructions exactly.
Or, an extra card might...

Well, maybe this should be discussed using pm instead of this public forum.
Again, not a big issue, I really like this a lot!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Now Available - Out of Sight by Joshua Jay (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL