The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Safe Escape and Jail Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
Were can I learn the methods of safe escapes and jail escapes. would it be in the Mickey Hades Expanded Encyclopedia of escapes? thx
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Invent one, no one gets rich being an elvis impersonator.
EscapeMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of EscapeMaster
Quote:
Invent one, no one gets rich being an elvis impersonator.

Dr_Zodiac, do please tell us more about that photo of you in the magician's straitjacket on your website.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
You can pick up bits and peices from some of the books out there but there realy isn't much available.

I would suggest the advice of Percy Abbott in his Escapes book be read and reread until you understand exactly the point he is trying to make. It won't tell you exactly 'how' either. It will offer a strategy or two though. Its not a very big chapter, 1/4 page I think.

Any one that's done a safe will tell you its too dangerous, and you should listen to them.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
Well obviously there are techniques on escaping a jail cell, like how to access the lock, picking a jail lock and all that. what bookss contain info on that.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Before you look for techniques you need to understand just exactly what is out there first. During the first half of the 20th century there were more inventions than will ever be recorde or remembered.

This is a short list and its possibly two or three times this big maby more, I have no idea myself.

You wont find any books covering all of the different types or their techniques. They don't exist.

http://www.1st-net-lock-museum.com/jl1.htm

If you want specifics on different broad techniques Cannon's has two different ones that Ian wrote. I think these are the ones you may be looking for. I don't own them so I can't say.

I still think the answer you are after is in Abbotts.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
954 Posts

Profile of Riley
Re: Jail escapes you could read "Cell Escape: the real secret" by David DeVal. This is mainly concerned with older cells/locks in the UK, but the principles are great and the thinking and approach will be a useful starting point for your own methods.

Regards

Riley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Safe Escape and Jail Escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL