The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » first trick you learned (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
shaddy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of shaddy
French drop coin sleight. First trick I ever learned in grade 4. When my friends ask to borrow my eraser, I do the sleight technique and they keep getting baffled on how I do it.
lol.
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
Thinking back, I would have to say the first trick I had was one of those magic sets you get when you're a kid--the one with the sponge balls and the wand with the rose that comes out of the top. I think the multiplying bunny rabbits was the trick I used the most back then.
tla
View Profile
New user
Texas
65 Posts

Profile of tla
My first magic trick was the vase and rope trick. I think I got it out of a cereal box. And, no, I do not have it any more.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Silk vanish
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
When I was a cub scout, I learned how to make a pencil look like rubber. I must admit, that I didn't learn how to do it right until I was an adult. I still use it as a gag whenever I borrow a pencil from a spectator.
Magic is fun!!!
redlinewes
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of redlinewes
The first trick I learned was the Hindu shuffle. I still use it a lot when I am fooling around with cards.
fwee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of fwee
It was probably something out of Scarne's book, Scarne on Card Tricks. I think it was "Do as I Do."
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I first learned the Color Changing Stick with the faux jewels on them. The T.T. came next and it opened up a whole world of amazement and creativity for me. Eventually I got to show effects to magicians who had no idea I was using the gimmick. I don't use it much anymore, but man did I.... Smile
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
I think it was one of those stupid sets they sell for kids. It was a little hollow chip and a full one which would mingle into one when closing the palm. Smile
shawlie
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of shawlie
I learned "The Whispering Queen" from my father when I was about 10, I think.
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
Before I joined the "Mad Hatter Magic Club," where I purchased tricks such as gozinta coins, finger chopper and other secrets, I used to make numerous trips to the toy shop with my mum who would be devilishly persuaded by me into getting me every item on the shelf from the Paul Daniels' range of magic tricks. If I recall, the first one was the coin slide (turn it around and make it vanish and reappear, etc.), then it was cups and balls, linking rings, penetration frame and others. These were all plastic and, in my young opinion, very unprofessional-like.

My first "real" magic item was "blendo bag" and then a set of shackles. These items and more have held up to tremendous use and are still well kept and sometimes in use today (some 20 years since). I loved them then and I love them today.
JMagi
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of JMagi
Cups and Balls, 2nd grade Smile

-JMagi
AndyChil
View Profile
New user
UK
35 Posts

Profile of AndyChil
I remember having, as a child, a few small tricks like "Swords through a coin" as well as a number of card trick packs by Paul Daniels (well known British TV magician of the 1980s).
As an aside, I remember being allowed to watch the Paul Daniels Magic show on TV with my parents, but being hustled out of the room when a particularly scary big box illusion was about to begin. (Can still picture what the equipment looked like to this day - tall box on floor, open at front and back to show a dozen daggers going across it from left to right one above the other. This must be 20 years ago !)

AU Smile
Joedy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Joedy
Cups and balls, the el'cheapo version for a measly 3 bucks. That was a big chunk out of my high school budget. The other 7 dollars went for the babes...so, I usually bought another cheap effect.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1606 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Ball & Vase, Cups and Balls, and Sponge Balls are routines I learned when I first learned magic. It is strange that I no longer perform them. I study card magic now.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
The first magic book I read was spooky tricks and the first trick was glass thru table or whatever it was called in that book.
Great Book! (as I remember!)
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
The first tricks I learned were from a Houdini Magic set at the age of 6. Ball & Vase, Cups and Balls, the optical boomerang trick, and a color changing paddle.

The first trick I learned in a magic shop...The Hot Rod. I still carry one everywhere I go today, because I get the same reaction from people that I had when I first saw it: Smile
bizarrewreck
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, CO
51 Posts

Profile of bizarrewreck
I beleive it was a sponge tricks purchased from Disneyland. While it did start a lifelong interest in magic, there were lapses in time where I strayed away only to later be reminded again about how fun it is.
ActuariaLug
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of ActuariaLug
My first was the rubber band going from 1st/2nd to 3rd/4th fingers. The first gimmick I bought was a box that made small objects disappear and reappear.
MurdaBox
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MurdaBox
Hmmm, I'm in magic About six months and my first tricks was with DL .. And "little Magic box" like ActuariaLug said ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » first trick you learned (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL