The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » first trick you learned (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
177 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
My first trick was the classic TT vaniching silk it was realy amazing and it look like real magic am still doing it and I always cary a TT with me everywhere.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Ahhh for me it was the 21 card trick- anyone want me to perform it? Smile

Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
blueboy7948
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of blueboy7948
For me it was taking off half my thumb and this old fingertrap toy that I had and still wish I had Smile
I can also remember getting a really old library book out and learning the glide and also a false cut that was, I found out 20 or so years later a version of Nate Leipzigs swivel cut. They were the only 2 sleights in the book and I don't remember any of the tricks in them.
What I always find strange is that I haven't seen this cut in any of the magic literiture since, maybe I should still use it and see if I can get away with it. Or maybe not.

Great topic too
Sgroge
View Profile
New user
Lynn MA
55 Posts

Profile of Sgroge
My first trick was finding a chosen card using a Enardoe marked, stripper deck. It wasn't easy for my 6 year old hands to grasp the deck but my mind grasped the idea of doing magic and it has never let go.
Steve
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
My first trick was nickles to dimes and I loved it soo much. I would take my teachers money and then pull out the gimmick and keep her nickles.
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2864 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
The Impossible Knot. I found it in a book about Houdini.
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
First trick- 21 card trick
first trick as a magician- pick a card, find a card (stripper style)
Joe Stone
View Profile
New user
Wood Green, London, UK
61 Posts

Profile of Joe Stone
Some kind of little plastic tube with beads that chaged colour - don't know what it's called.

My first decent trick I learnt as a child was 'do as I do' - an amazing effect, learnt it from the Paul Daniels magic Annual!
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
I belive that your thinking of a Hotrod.
Chris Bristow
View Profile
New user
Warwick, Rhode Island
67 Posts

Profile of Chris Bristow
Rising Card Deck from Disney. Been into magic ever since.
Nick Az
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Nick Az
It was either the Do as I do card trick with two decks or the "elevator" card trick.
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of amakar
Cups and Balls
Azaziel
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of Azaziel
Balducci levi.. Learned it form a friend.. don't use it as much cause I'm into cards now. But when I did I had specs thinking I was posesed.. pre-blaine era..
The greatest tick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
Svengali deck and TT for the vanishing silk. I loved those two tricks when I first got them!
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
21 cards in three rows. Don´t know the name of this trick. I rarely use it.
islandguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of islandguy
The 1st trick I ever saw, I bought from a pitchman at a county fair in 1945 - the magic mouse (made of clay then). Subsequently went back and bought more when I found I could do the mouse. He sold me Buddha papers, some paddle tricks, but I avoided (what later I discovered was a Svengali deck) as appearing to be difficult sleight of hand (at least to a 9 year old). I have learned to perform - and pitch - the Svengali deck since then. Keith
NCR
View Profile
New user
Northfield Mount Hermon, MA
61 Posts

Profile of NCR
I don't know it's name but it was shown to me at age 8 by a camp consulor. You run through the deck, saying "tell me when to stop." They say stop and you stop, immediatley telling them what card it is. No trick deck, just a simple move. Still do it for fun every once in a while, even though it isn't that great. The cool part is someone can go into another room and anounce the card instead, which can really blow peoples minds.
coleman
View Profile
New user
lahn-dahn, yoo-kay
34 Posts

Profile of coleman
Last night was the first time I've shown a trick to anyone who isn't a mirror.

it was topsy turvy cards from rrtcm Smile

cole. x
Bill Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Bill Thomas
Scotch -N- Soda, was my first trick and investment in magic.
kirkmax
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of kirkmax
Nickles to dimes and the stripper deck were my first tricks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » first trick you learned (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL