We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Cheaters Cheater down (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I noticed the last couple days Cheaters Cheater web site has been down and has the following message posted:

SERVER IS FULL

We bought just 300MB space in the beginning BUT we have used OVER 4000MB...
The host has sent a letter said AFTER 5th MARCH everything would be auto DELETED.
The whole site is down, we don't know what they're really going to do yet, but now we really NEED SOME DONATION from members.

If you can help please send your donation through PayPal:

I really like the site, probably in my top five sites to visit and would love to help out, but I would like to have some more information before donating...In other words is it within reason to save it and what are the future plans for the site so it doesn't go down again?
Anybody have any additional information?
Ape
I really hope they can keep the site going. I miss it.
Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
Sounds to me like just a cry for donations. What did Bone think was going to happen when he decided to have a site devoted to uploading large video files? Why purchase only a 300mb plan? If he couldn't afford one, then don't create a site that needs so much space. Also, the date listed for deleting the site's content has passed (March 5), so why is the site still active? If I were hosting the site and they used up that much over their plan, I would lock the site. Curious....
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Yes I just checked the site myself and find it down asking for some financial support.

BANDWITH! With the huge number of uploads/downloads and visitors in general I can see why it may have become an expensive endeavor.
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I learned one thing from posting this topic on several other boards.
There weren't too many vocal Cheaters fans out there.
I got quite a few PM's from other sites with not too many positive thoughts.(Ouchhh!)
I never did much in the forum section there but I confess I loved the video section. There was always something new being posted and some offbeat videos as well.
I will still miss them.
Funny that Bone hasn't posted anything anywhere regarding the status.
The Magic Video Depot just removed my post after getting some very negative comments about CheatersCheater...thought it was pretty screwy that they didn't even tell me why my post was removed.
Best of luck to all
Nick
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
252 Posts

Profile of da5id
I can say from experience with running sleightgeek.com that bandwidth and disk space are very expensive when running a video sharing site.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Cheaters Cheater down (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL