The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic / mind reading in Italy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nottingham Magician
View Profile
New user
Nottingham
46 Posts

Profile of Nottingham Magician
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could give any advice or suggestions. I was wondeirng what the opportunities are in Italy for an English speaking (no Italian) professional magician/mindreader and kids entertainer performing in Italy. Is there a market in Italy for non-native speakers or can anybody offer some thoughts / suggestions etc...thanks in advance
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I lived and performed in Italy for seven years. I recently returned for a two week visit in October. Speaking the language is a HUGE benefit, of course, and Italian is surprisingly easily to learn in an immersive environment. I recommend it. However, English is a reasonably common language there, especially in the northern regions. But, you will be competing with some very, very talented multi-lingual Italian performers - that is some very tough competition.

If memory serves, you'll find sizable American and British communities around Pisa, Vicenza, Trieste, Naples, La Maddalena, Venice, and Pordenone. Are they large enough to sustain a full-time performer? You'll have to visit and determine that for yourself.

My wife and I are planning on retiring to Italy in the next five years or so. I'm planning on performing still, but I won't need to do it to earn a living. I'll certainly welcome the slower pace.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Nottingham Magician
View Profile
New user
Nottingham
46 Posts

Thanks skip way!! I really appreciate it! Where abouts were you based? Thanks again
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Hi there, I'm Italian and to be honest I don't think you could make a living if you only speak English.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I'm with Magicodine here. Making a decent living in Italy without knowing the language would be difficult. I was stationed at Aviano in Regione Friuli (just north of Venezia) then later at Decimomannu near Cagliari, Sardegna.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Nottingham Magician
View Profile
New user
Nottingham
46 Posts

Hiya Skip Way - thanks for that ;-) It was only a thought anyways...thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic / mind reading in Italy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL