We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Business Card Segue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
I want to use a Stockbroker routine called "Star Struck" and need a segue into something that would logically follow.

The basic idea of Star Struck is you ask for a guest autograph pretending they are someone famous. After they sign your business card it reads as an I.O.U. for $1000. Fun, simple, and a great icebreaker.

I am looking for a transition piece or a way to "cash in" their card, i.e. change it into a dollar bill or something like this.

Any ideas ? References. new gimmicks?

Thanks in advance. --- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Nicodemus,
You could "file" it for future reference in a Himber wallet. Then, a few seconds later, re-open the wallet and find that the I.O.U. has been "cashed" and there is a thousand-dollar bill in there.
The bill is fake (naturally) with your business info on the back. Give it to the spectator as a souvenir.
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Peter,
Funny you should mention the Himber. I was just playing around with a Showcase Walet from the Ammar Business Card DVD.
Trying to think of a good presentation and logic for the change. Ideally I would like to change his card into money or else cancel his debt with a vanish of the his writing.
The other side is reset. I need something that does not require me "go to the bathroom" :-{ every five minutes.
Or maybe a way he can win his I.O.U. back ?

Any other thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks.

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Nicodemus, I PM'ed you (I couldn't post the idea publically because it involves a secret).

Larry
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Have a look at "Simply Harkey" for a most wonderful IOU routine. It even ghas this very name: IOU.

It is really great!

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
You could give them a chance to win their money back by a card trick where they find someones card. Why are you wanting to cash in? If they signed the back of your business card then you have the perfect chance to give them your business card.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
xtreme_mixers
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of xtreme_mixers
You could maybe edit a do is I do trick so they can win it back ? just a thought
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Business Card Segue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL