The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Brands that are mid-range aside from RnT? (Chop cup and mini chop cup) (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Hey there. After a few posts and some thought I decided I want to buy a standard size chop cup and a mini chop cup.

Was all stoked to get a set from RnT but I looks like the exact one I wanted isn't stocked anymore. It was also one of the more expensive ones.

So, I'm curious, aside from RnT, and for a little cheaper, maybe 40-50 range or a little more or less than that, what are my other options to check out before I pull the trigger on a mini chop cup?

I know that I want something with some heft to it. I have a wide mouth ikle pickled regular size chop cup and I hate it because it's too lightweight. So for both the mini and regular size "nice set" I wanna buy, I definitely want some solid feel and weight to them. As a side question to this, I'm still going back n forth on color or material. I like chrome silver look but I figure that anything aluminum is going to be super light just like my cup I have now. But I have seen silver cups that seem pretty heavy. (Michael Ammar has a set of silver cups that seem like they have some good weight in his penguin lecture, so I'm curious what material that is)

Lastly, as for a regular size chop cup, on RnT they have small, medium and large sizes. So any thoughts on which I should be looking at that would be smaller than my wife mouth ickle pickle but not so small that it wouldn't be optimal for a parlor show) , and like I asked with the mini cup, what would some other option be worthwhile to check or aside from RnT?

1. Other brands for a mini and regular size chop cup other than RnT.
2. Material. Between copper and brass regarding weight? What do you prefer.
3. If I decide to go one that's silver / chrome or whatever, what would I be looking at that's heavier that aluminum?
4. Regular chop cup size recommendations? Smaller in diameter than my ickle pickle, is that small, medium or large? (Something like these: https://youtu.be/kSck_y4QGHk). In this video the silver ones are awesome. There was some good info but it doesn't cover all I need to know.

Just covering all my basis.

Thanks!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard

The features are numerous.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I broke down and just spent the money to get a nice RnT cup. It should be here in a couple days.

EXCITED MUCH! Smile
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Worth it. You'll have it forever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Brands that are mid-range aside from RnT? (Chop cup and mini chop cup) (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL