The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Display favourites only - just an idea » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matthu
View Profile
Regular user
UK
170 Posts

Profile of matthu
One idea I have seen on other forums is the ability for a user to display either the entire menu or only his designated "favourites".

Each user is able to check / uncheck a topic as being one of his favourites, and then either check / uncheck an option which displays all topics, or only his favourites.

Just an idea.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That sounds like a good idea to me too. Some areas just hold no interest to me at all, and it would be nice to do what you said, or... "minimize" the headers so we don't have to wade through all the sub categories.

I just learned that if I clicked on the Forum Index text, that all forums (fora?) close down leaving just the top category open. I'd like to see this streamlined to minimize all the forums into title bars so we can scroll through quickly and open only the category of our choice. That way too, I don't forget about the other areas.

In your method if anything actually does come up that I want to read I'd miss it until I somehow psychically knew something was there that I was and have to remember to reactivate that forum.

Either way would be a nice option. I'm sure with the salaries they get from Steve that it won't be any problem at all. Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Display favourites only - just an idea » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL