The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Identifying possible Ricky Jay promotional material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ewilley
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ewilley
Good afternoon,

I hope this is in the right place, if not I apologize. I am a cataloging librarian at Illinois State University, and our Special Collections Department has a large collection of (primarily) circus material which also includes materials related to sleight of hand, vaudeville, magic, and other more or less related to circus fields.

I have inherited some materials to catalog, including some Ricky Jay promotional and advertising material, one item of which has me at a loss. There was a theater program and postcard for Ricky Jay & His 52 Assistants, a promotional item for The Magic Magic Book, and (this is the one I'm not sure how to do) a one sheet grayscale image of the hindquarters of two dogs facing each other, with their front halves obscured by three boxes stacked on top of each other. The image is 8" wide by 10" tall, and printed on what I would call light card stock. There is no writing on the piece, and I would very much like to make sure it is cataloged properly, but I'm not even 100% sure it is related to Ricky Jay or his work at this point. It seems likely given the presence of the program and promotional material, but I can't say for sure.

I would rather not digitize it for fear of copyright infringement, but if anyone can help me in identifying what this image is or set it in a larger context, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Eric Willey
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Why don't you contact Ricky via his web page?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Identifying possible Ricky Jay promotional material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL