The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Advice for trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CalebRose
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of CalebRose
Good Evening,

So I created a routine. The deck is spread out and the spectator takes a card. On the back of the card a little man is drawn probably an inch in size on the far left side and right before the spectator's eyes the little man moves to the center of the card then the far right side. Then the man disappears from the card and ends up on the face of the spectators selected card. Card is then handed out to the spectator to inspect and the deck fanned out to show the deck is not gaffed. Overall the reaction has been great, it really turns heads when the man moves position.

My problem is that in the move I must DL from the underside of the top packet in a cut. Currently I just Flip the deck over, DL the cards and then flip the deck back over. But I was wondering if there was some better maneuver to DL the cards to the top. I just think the trick would do better overall with some better handling. Thank you.
BalloonThief
View Profile
New user
California
63 Posts

Profile of BalloonThief
I'm not really sure exactly what you are looking for but I have a few places you should look.

First, check out the Conjuring Archive run by Denis Behr. It has a nice section on multiple lifts from the bottom. http://www.conjuringarchive.com/show.php?cat=741

Second, there is a move that may fit what you want to do that can be found in the The Professional Touch by "Monk" Watson called The Fifty-Card Lift. To put it simply, instead of lifting two cards as in the double lift you instead lift fifty cards leaving a double in your hand.

Hope that helps.
Woz
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Woz
If I understand right, you may be able to riffle the cards of with bottom of the upper packet with your right thumb and catch a break.
Push the top packet forward with your right hand in biddle grip while still maintaining the break with your thumb.
Once you're about half a card or less out the front of the deck you let go of the break and grip the double in your left hand while it's on top of the bottom packet and then move the top packet back square with the bottom.
Pull the now out-jogged double out as one and drop it face up on top of the deck.

This is just what I came up with after a little experimenting. The handling is rough, I'm sure you can improve on it with some time.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
My first thought would be to change the method leading up to that point, so as to avoid having to double lift from the bottom at all. I don't quite understand the whole routine based on your description, but I'd be happy to work through it and assist if you message me.

Regards,
T.J.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Check out my trick, Animazement from Power Plays. A stick figure runs across the face of a card as the deck is riffled (like CardToon). He draws an X on the back and then disappears. The card with the X is a free selection. The deck is fanned and there's no stick figure to be seen. A set of drawings is provided so it's easy to make up the deck.

It's based on a David Harkey idea but I think the method is much better.

Mike
pkson79
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of pkson79
It would help if you had a video for this, or skype.

PM me if you need help streamlining the handling.

Also, getting a DL from the middle of the deck is doable with a thumb count.
http://atomiczebra.com
http://themooloolabashuffle.com
Not necessarily a new user, just lurking for 10 years, and either agreeing or disagreeing silently.
FelixKraus
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of FelixKraus
Quote:
On May 7, 2016, pkson79 wrote:
It would help if you had a video for this, or skype.

PM me if you need help streamlining the handling.

Also, getting a DL from the middle of the deck is doable with a thumb count.

Dan and Dave published a method for getting a DL from the middle of the deck if that's something you want to look up. I don't remember what it was called.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
I'd have to see what your hand positions are in context. There are some published center doubles out there. Most are straight out of the front of the pack others pivot. I have one, unpublished, that comes from the bottom of a packet, it may suit your routine.

https://youtu.be/U8Z9ZvwOtPI

PS Sloppy so you can get it up and running and to know what angles to be mindful of.

PS Check out the Michael Power's book. It's excellent.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Expert Card Technique - Hugard and Braue
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Advice for trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL