The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Worst week - Somebody help me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
This week (and it's not over) has been riddled with BAD luck for me, from broken vehicles, my child in an Emergency room at 2 AM with a strange virus (she is OK now before you ask), broken contracts, broken props, phone down, email bouncing back, bad Ebay problems (items received broken that I carefully shipped), poor choices in spending on props, bank overdraft from a wrong click on PayPal, DVD player purchased not compatible to view an audition DVD, Medical bills, Medical bills, Medical bills, Roof leaking for first time in Magic den damaging collectibles, electrical switch burnout in wall, illness (probably related to this stress),

AND...drumroll pleeze
My Best Rabbit (Crystal) Died this morning (sniff)

after I bury her I put the shoval away and it hits the spotlamp in the shed showering me with "mirrored" glass.

I hope Sunday truly is a new week. I have a major show and better break a leg.

All above is True. No exaggerations. There is even more but I think you got the idea.

Somebody pray for me...
naw...
Save those prayers for those who really ARE suffering in Iraq, etc. ! We all still have it better than that
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Good luck on the show and I do hope you break a leg...NOT literally of course!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10707 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Step back and take a deep breath, your still alive. that's what counts ....
thoes who are six feet under wish they had your problems..

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
"It's always darkest before the dawn."
Keep the faith and keep your head up. Your Brothers and Sisters here at the Café are always in your corner.
Some of the best people I know are through this site. Never met in person, but the support (when asked for), and helpful suggestions/input, that I have recieved have been overwhelming.

"Kick It" at your show. I sincerely hope that the show is a wonderful, mind-boggling experience for your audience. Let us know how it goes. Smile Lee.
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
zenmistress
View Profile
New user
London
34 Posts

Profile of zenmistress
I can truly sympathise with you Glod!

Stay with it, try to keep calm, and remember this too, like everything else, shall pass.

Let us know how the gig goes Smile
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3220 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Wow, that's a bad week! Sorry.

At least your daughter is ok now.

As you correctly point out, the people in Iraq do have it worse, and also people many other places. However, that doesn't make your misfortune any easier to take, so I’ll pray for you anyway.

It sounds like your daughter had a rough week too. I hope you’re able to spend some time with her.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Remember the finest steele MUST go through the fire.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Wow! You did have a tough week, yet you managed to survive it and can look back in retrospect and say I survived it and am much stronger as a result. Randy is correct- The same fire that melts butter makes steel strong.
Still it's very sad about your rabbit and I'm sorry for your loss but happy to hear your daughter was okay. Hang tough and keep smiling.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4864 Posts

Profile of landmark
When that many things go wrong in a short amount of time, it can sometimes be a big sign that it's time to just stop what you're doing, relax, and look at your life. Sometimes it's a sign that you're trying too hard in the wrong direction. It's like forcing a car to drive when the parking brake is on; sometimes you need to stop trying and reassess the situation.

All the best, thanks for sharing some of your life with us!

Jack Shalom
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Break a leg in your show - just not litteraly
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Sounds to me like a typical week. Smile Seriously though, when weeks like this happen (and they do, frequently) it means that you're out there doing something, making the effort, and meeting some opposition. It also means, to me, that it's time for the next round of success. You have a good perspective on things. Keep swinging. I appreciate your contributions here. Thank you for sharing.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Worst week - Somebody help me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL