The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Brandon Wolf - AT The Table Experience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
557 Posts

Profile of canaday
Branden Wolf – At The Table Lecture
7.95 - Download
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=57480

Online lectures seem to be getting more and more popular. Just about everyone who is anyone has done at least one and it is good for the spectators as they don’t have to wait for the next big release. The best deal in online lectures seems to be Murphy's At The Table Experiene. For a subscription fee of only $9.95 per month, you get two lectures each and every month from people like Martin Lewis, Andi Gladwin, Eric Jones, Gazzo, Woody Aragon. Chastain Criswell and a pile of others. You can check out the list here. http://www.murphysmagic.com/atthetable/

This month Murphy's sent me the lecture by Branden Wolf, a coin magician from Columbus, Ohio, who has also done work for Penguin. This kind of surprised me because I am in Columbus to see my daughter and her family at least twice a year and always make sure I hang out at the Be Amazing Magic Store in Gahanna meeting all the local guys. Haven't run into Branden yet but I will be keeping my eyes open.

Branden lets you know right away that he is not a "card guy" and specializes in coins. He says that most of his money from performances come from mindreading, not coins, and if he is as good at that as he is at coin manipulation, he must give a good show. I personally am not a coin guy but I can both recognize and appreciate the skill required to handle coins as Branden does. He spends a lot of time on teaching the balance palm which is his two-handed version of a move created by John Born. What really amazed me was his fluidity in handling. The coins fairly danced in his hands yet the audience sees nothing.

The lecture lasts a full two hours and there is very little downtime. You are getting something for your money almost every minute. Braden takes his magic very seriously and makes sure you see everything you need to perform his magic. He turns to give the camera better angles. All in all, he is very comfortable on camera and does an excellent job in teaching.

Some of the subjects covered (besides the balance palm) are lapping, coin production and some excellent work on click passes. Everything is executed flawlessly. AT one point his friend, Zee (who is a card guy) Skyped in and taught a coin routine of his called Coin Through Hand that you will be doing after watching him.

Murphy's have also included a pdf file in the download that lists the entire lecture by timestamp so you will have no problem finding just what you are looking for.

Conclusion: Even though I am not a coin guy, I enjoyed this immensely. Brendan is such a smooth worker, he is a joy to watch. His movements remind me of Eric Jones. At $7.95 for this download, it is a tremendous bargain.
Sailships
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
15 Posts

Profile of Sailships
I'm going to work up my own review hopefully soon, but I must say, I am learning all new stuff (to me) from start to finish!

This is an incredible lecture for coin workers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Brandon Wolf - AT The Table Experience (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL