The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Polarity by Pablo Amira (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Polarity looks like a fun and easy to perform trick,
I always loved impossible looking magic that is super easy to do, so you can focus on the performance and yet it will kill spectators!

More info:
Blue: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55660
Red: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55659

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I suppose the method is different based on the ad copy, but this really looks identical to Boris Wild's POP (Perfect Open Prediction).
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This looks really good! Bravo Pablo!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 12, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
I suppose the method is different based on the ad copy, but this really looks identical to Boris Wild's POP (Perfect Open Prediction).

Yes, it is different and also all the added ideas makes this offer a new working piece for the performer.
The explanation and performance from Chris was really exceptional. I add in here my stack using cards for doing a killer 2 phase routine.

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
This appears to be similar to Hector Chadwick's routine Johnny's Dilemma that appear in Thomas Baxter's OP Project. In the credits it is noted that Ed Marlo is credited with being the first to publish the idea. Marlo's version was called Open Prediction (12th) and was published in Jon Racherbaumer's Sticks and Stones (Number 7; July, 1977) within Lloyd Jones’s The Greater S.O.B. Jr. A number of others used the idea including Gary Ouellet, who marketed the effect in 1994 under the name The Proton Deck.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Interesting Magico.
Let's hope crediting has been carried out with due diligence.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks magico for your references. Indeed this deck is based in those works (and they were credited) but we offer a new approach in terms of the thematical presentations and the extra use of other method that allows the creation of not just an open prediction but also a mindreading effect using the same special deck, an extra idea that according my previouw knowledge was not done before.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 12, 2016, magico wrote:
This appears to be similar to Hector Chadwick's routine Johnny's Dilemma that appear in Thomas Baxter's OP Project. In the credits it is noted that Ed Marlo is credited with being the first to publish the idea. Marlo's version was called Open Prediction (12th) and was published in Jon Racherbaumer's Sticks and Stones (Number 7; July, 1977) within Lloyd Jones’s The Greater S.O.B. Jr. A number of others used the idea including Gary Ouellet, who marketed the effect in 1994 under the name The Proton Deck.

LOL This site never ceases to amaze me. And I mean that in the good sense - I am truly amazed at your encyclopaedia-like knowledge. Well done Sir!

If you want to come and find out who did what where and when, just post here at the Café, and someone will amaze you by giving you chapter and verse.

Impressive stuff!
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Quote:
On May 13, 2016, Amirá wrote:
Thanks magico for your references. Indeed this deck is based in those works (and they were credited) but we offer a new approach in terms of the thematical presentations and the extra use of other method that allows the creation of not just an open prediction but also a mindreading effect using the same special deck, an extra idea that according my previouw knowledge was not done before.

Best

That's good to hear. The Proton Deck by Jean Boucher & Patrick Reymond included 3 effects. Here are the descriptions of the effects.

WIDE OPEN: Gary Ouellet's version of the Curry Open Prediction features an amazing handling of a classic effect! The magician makes an open prediction, say the 9 of Clubs. The spectator takes the deck, deals cards face up onto the table, and whenever he chooses, deals one card face down. He then continues to deal through the entire deck, never finding the 9 of Clubs. Naturally, the card he reversed turns out to match the prediction!

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE: A spectator is asked to hide a deck of cards from view, then take any card out, turn it upside down, and reinsert it into the deck wherever he chooses. The magician then accurately predicts the outcome! Note that the deck is a true 52 card deck, the spectator can select any card from anywhere in the deck, and the spectator spreads the cards to reveal the ending!

DO-WAH AS I DO-WAH: A spectator cuts the deck in half, keeping one of the two portions for himself and giving the other to the magician. Each shuffle their respective halves, and exchange two cards (for a total of four). These four cards turn out to be the four kings!

I am looking forward to see what you have added.

Magico
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
262 Posts

Profile of IanB
Always amazes me that "named" magicians praise and advertise the latest releases only to find that the items aren't original, often uncredited and occasionally ripped off.

Why don't inventors do a bit of due diligence. If little old me who is not a "named" magician knows of this and all of it's variations surely the companies and people involved at a high level should do?

I've been using the Proton Deck since it was first released. Apart from a presentational spin there is no real difference here.

This is happening more and more ...
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
No need to over-dramatize this product guys. In "Polarity" we didn't release something "not original, uncredited or just rip off" . Ian, I cant understand how you can know that in this product we did not add any difference if you don't have the product to compare. If you only are having an opinion by seeing the trailer, you are not having a complete image for sure.

"Polarity" uses the concept from the Proton Deck but the product in my opinion is a valid new original offer because we add interesting thematics to use far different to just explicitly name a card outloud and make it happen without a narrative that is memorable, and the option to do a 2-phase routine using a card stack that, to my knowledge, is not an option explored before.

I know that the concept of "originality" is subjective in all creative crafts, but if you follow the school of thought of John de Graaf regarding the 5 levels of creativity, for sure this product does not reach a deep level but it has never been part of it. This product is offered as a basic effect, with no sleight of hand, perfect for the student of mystery arts how wants a clean prediction but most important, a full thematical performance that is credible and interesting to experience and not just a boring explanation of what is happening (I name the 5 of clubs...deal the cards...one turnover...the 5 of clubs....).

I believe that any magic product is valid if adds something creative and original to it and I believe that "Polarity" fits that category.

For owners of the Proton Deck, sure, you can copy the theme used by Chris in the trailer, not buying "Polarity" and use it in your own performance but you will miss part of the value of the product.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Again guys, I have nothing but respect for previous authors and publications.

I create this independently and before working in this, I did the investigation and knew about the Proton Deck. I approach the appropiate persons and talk privately about the viability of this product and all was sorted. Everything was and is done with the intention to create contribution.

Originality has various factors in this business and I think that we need to also take the importance about the authenticity, and althought "Polarity" doesn't offer a new addition in terms of gimmkicked decks, it offers new thematics and a new 2-phase option that is fun to do and can create great new moments for our audiences.

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Often times it makes sense to offer a refreshing idea to the community if it's based on an already existing product. No sense in rebuilding the wheel as they say.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Since this is a gimmicked deck, can it be inspected at the end ?

Thanks in advance

Diga
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, DigaMag wrote:
Since this is a gimmicked deck, can it be inspected at the end ?

Thanks in advance

Diga

What gimmicked deck can? And what difference does it make? Not trying to be combative but comon the answer is obvious.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Why on earth would anybody want to inspect a deck that they were just holding in their hands and dealing cards from?
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Thanks for the Answers guys ...

Diga
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Pablo, without disclosing methods, can you briefly describe how your effect offers advantages to Perfect Open Prediction?

Thanks!
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 15, 2016, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Pablo, without disclosing methods, can you briefly describe how your effect offers advantages to Perfect Open Prediction?

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan1000, thanks for the interest. Both effects are similar in some ways but Polarity have the advantage of that your setup is more easily covered and more simple.
Also in personal aspects my routine has other advantages but then we enter in exposure, which I will not do in respect of my release and Boris creation.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This arrived in stock today with a DVD and deck ready to go!

It is very easy to do and plays just like the trailer, it's also very good value for money considering it all made up ready to go.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Polarity by Pablo Amira (52 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL