The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quarterly Report by Rick Lax (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
The description is so vague. Hoping someone who has it will chime in and give us a little more detail.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Would love if it was as shown in the demo, but I'm sure theres a bigger chunk missing. Have the feeling that the $100 note may play a bigger part than shown

I like how it mentions who directed the video, like we all care..
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On May 13, 2016, Chamberlain wrote:
Would love if it was as shown in the demo, but I'm sure theres a bigger chunk missing. Have the feeling that the $100 note may play a bigger part than shown

In the second video on the page Rick says the $100 bill is not necessary
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I like most of Rick's releases but I'm not too excited about this one because there are far better methods available but of course all of them cost a lot more money. Except some of the linguistic options such as Mark Elsdon's etc. I suppose it might be nice if you like the premise of the routine but haven't invested in the ($200-400) solutions as I have already.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Let me set the record straight if my post seemed somewhat ambiguous. I did not purchase this effect and am only speculating about Rick's method based on my own long history and experience with the "coin in hand" plot. Moreover, I'm pleased with my own routine that employs both electronics and other subtleties. I'm a big fan of Rick's work and if you haven't picked up his "Reverse Psychology" routine you owe it yourself to do so. I had lots of fun and success performing it last week in a local pub. For those who do purchase "Quarterly Report" I look forward to reading your reviews and possibly re-examining it if you find merit and value.
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
15 dollars? wow
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On May 13, 2016, Chamberlain wrote:

You might not care but the people who put in the hours of work do. Sometimes people like a little recognition for their work. Not everyone gets to be a pompous ass on a magic forum (like myself).
Official Thread Killer
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I am a big fan of Rick's thinking and this one has a similar "effect" as Reverse Psychology in that it doesn't play as magic at all although it is. It is the method I expected and although has a lot of clever language and even a simple follow up effect, it's the first time I felt overcharged. It is a good straight ahead effect I'll use, and a quick little divertissement but based on other options it is a $9.95 effect. That seems to be the price point I feel I would have been happy with for this simple effect but maybe that's just me. In the end, it's still really good and I've used it already. I'm glad to have it in my arsenal even with my multi-hundred options for this same effect.
Ray Pierce
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Took the plunge watching now
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I got it.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Is it any good then or what
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On May 13, 2016, Ray Pierce wrote:
I am a big fan of Rick's thinking and this one has a similar "effect" as Reverse Psychology in that it doesn't play as magic at all although it is. It is the method I expected and although has a lot of clever language and even a simple follow up effect, it's the first time I felt overcharged. It is a good straight ahead effect I'll use, and a quick little divertissement but based on other options it is a $9.95 effect. That seems to be the price point I feel I would have been happy with for this simple effect but maybe that's just me. In the end, it's still really good and I've used it already. I'm glad to have it in my arsenal even with my multi-hundred dollar options for this same effect.
Ray Pierce
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Great song
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Does the coin have to be a Quarter ?
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
No
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, tophatter wrote:
Does the coin have to be a Quarter ?

No. To live up to the name it does. But,no.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
I just had an idea for those that have this its a way to have the more impressive finish no matter what pm me if you want to hear it
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Bought it thanks to people what work at my community centre, every week they give cash to people what come to them with ideas to progress themselves and they know about my ambitions and magic so they paid for it good eh. The trick is ok but I am disppointed that the demo vid on the website shows the strongest endning and some edits too so if you get that ending its good but if you don't I don't think its as good, I will pm you jackboty to see your idea for it thanks for offering it, I think 14.99 is too expensive for a one trick pony for this, it would be fair price if part of a dvd with 10 or 12 tricks for 25 dollars I think like his laptop lecture
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Over priced in my opinion too. I wonder why it was not listed at $9.95 like most of the tricks of this quality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quarterly Report by Rick Lax (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL