The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Assorted Box of Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
195 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
Hello,

I’ve been given a box of assorted magic – quite a bit of which I believe to be Tenyo – likely from the 1908s. It is a real jumble and needs sorting out to see what is complete and what isn’t – matching instructions to effects etc.

Does anyone have any advice on how to search to learn more about the tricks so I can find out what is in there? Without recognising the alphabet it is proving trickier than I thought to use Google. Searching Ebay and matching the images has been helpful and I have found a couple of that way, but any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Spread the items out on a table and post shots here, am sure you will get lot's of help identifying the items Smile
MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
195 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
I'm struggling to attach a photo. Trying once more...

This is the initial photo I was sent. I can take more once everything arrives and I've been through it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
How do you attach a photo here?
MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
195 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
I'm not sure. There is a box to add an attachment but it doesn't seem to do anything.

If anyone's keen to see it I can email it to you if you drop me a pm.

Alternatively I can try and adjust the file size when I get home to see if that's the trouble!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
The easiest way is to upload a photo to a website and then add the link from there. If you want to send me a photo I can add it for you. I will PM you my personal email.
MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
195 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
Thank you everyone for your help. The instructions are all in Japanese - apparently that makes them slightly less collectable?

Does this mean they were actually bought in Japan?

David has sent me this list which has been incredibly helpful in my sorting out!
Flash Dice
Telesphere
Chinese Sticks
Zig Zag Cig
Soft Coins
Dynamic Coins ( Cavorting Coins - I found the packaging)
Jumping Gems

I really like the gems and the Cavorting Coins - will definitely have a go with them!

Thanks,

Sarah
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Looks like a fun assortment! Be sure to check out Telesphere as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Assorted Box of Tenyo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL