The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » CP observation: Placement vs. Endurance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ergerbor
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Ergerbor
I've recently acquired and watched David Roth's Expert Coin Magic DVDs (I was inspired to do so by working on a one coin routine, see another post of mine).

There are many many lessons to carry away but the one that seemed most important was how easily Roth PLACES the coin in CP. I want to emphasize this. It was not how natural his hand looked or how long he could hold it, it was how quickly and accurately he placed it. I see a lot of conversation around holding the coin in CP for long periods of time or while typing etc and I have tried those too. Regardless, if you can't smoothly and accurately put the coin into CP it won't matter what you can do while CP-ing. For Roth it's just a small and brief moment that is easy to cover with larger motions or misdirection.

As a beginner I can put a coin in CP and once it's in the right place my hand looks natural and can lay quite flat or hold objects or whatever. However I would need the misdirection of a falling asteroid to cover the motion or the time it takes to get it into position. I wanted to share this in the beginner forum. So now I'm focusing a lot of my CP practice on into and out of CP. It's improving but the the benefit of seeing Roth's placement was crucial. I know what I am shooting for.

Also it occurred to me that given the length of most coin routines how long do you really need to keep that coin in CP anyways? Better to be able to place it and hold it for 30 seconds than not gracefully place it and be able to hold it 30 minutes.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » CP observation: Placement vs. Endurance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL