We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Were,do I buy a straightjacket from (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
Hello

I have looked for a straightjacket for sometime now and have only come up with one web site.
Can anyone tell methe best kindhow to tell your size
and how much they will run?

Please help me out. Thank you

Keven
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi,
For the very best prices that can be had for a variety of straitjackets try Ebay.

Be sure when searching to type in every possible variation of the word, i.e., straitjacket, strait jacket, straightjacket, straight jacket.

You will find a number of different makes and models this way and often in different sizes too.

Regards, Steve Santini
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hi Keven
Personally I have a problen with anything that some one may have sweated or god knows what in or on for that matter , Even giving it a good washing I still would rather own my own gear. You can certinally buy a brand new one from any of the leading Escape suppliers, "Cannons Great Escapes" etc.

Good Luck

Michael Lee
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I wouldn't worry about having it new. My old one got a cup of bleach and a heavy pretreat with Woolite carpet and upholstery cleaner. I would have done it again but it came out a very bright, clean white.

The main thing with an old one is making sure the thread and stitching are in good shape and it doesn't have the reinforcments coming loose. Besides if they ever have to put you in one, It most likely will be used. Look at it this way, If you stay in a $5,000 a night suite, your still sleeping on a used mattress.

e-restraints is a good ebay dealer for new ones. Can't think of the other ones right off but there are several good dealers there.

Cannon's is a little high on pricing, but they have the best selection out there, and some jackets styles only come from them. Also they sell a an all steel straight jacket. They carry many realy good show items that can only be purchased there.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
I just ordered a new straitjacket (Humane Restraint) from this vendor. I hadn't heard of them before so I figured I would give them a try. They were courteous and the shipping was very prompt. They supply equipment to law enforcement.

Here is the link:
http://www.pxdirect.com/main.htm
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You picked a popular site to order from. Don,
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Find the Humane Restraint company I believe in Madison Wisconsin. They have the best prices because they are the manufacturers.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
At last check Humane did not sell to the general public. The only one they offer is their gimmicked jacket to the general consumer.

Unless that has changed in the past year or two the rule still stands.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I called them up back in the summer of 2003 and was told I can buy stuff from them the only thing I cant buy. is their locking restraints. also Humane is in Waunakee Wisconsin about 9 - 15 miles away from Madison. Don,
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I have bought directly from them on at least two occasions. I was completely upfront about being a magician. They were very helpful.

Brad
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Must have changed, it has been a while since I've had/ used a SJ, thanks for updateing my info.

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Keven,
You asked about size when getting a strait jacket. If you are small you'll have a tough time finding one that "looks" hard to free yourself from...trust me I know. Mine was all but rebuilt to fit.
However, John Novak (The art of escape, vol.4)states
"If you wear a size medium sport shirt, but a size medium strait jacket." also "Both the Menger jacket and the Abbott jacket are gaffed. The Humane-Lynch jacket is ungaffed. I consider all three jackets to be a size medium"
Good luck
Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hi Morgan, thanks for your input, and welcome to the forum. I hope we see a lot more posts from you.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Thanks for the welcome Tony...and from now on I'll proof read my input better (but a size medium??..buy! you silly girl...)That or I'll refrain from typing at 1am. Smile

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
That's OK, we knew what you meant. You post anytime you like. Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Were,do I buy a straightjacket from (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL