The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hondo WHO??? - - "Flap Card" by Hondo Chen (244 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, Bill08 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
I just get my friends to make them up for me at the magic circle as they make them wonderfully . I agree it's a video effect and great for your show reel more than real world performing . Very visual and great when made correctly Tarik 😊

In earlier posts (above), you wrote that it was great for close up, and "completely invisible". Change of opinion?

It is completely invisible but obviously it can't be examined so it can be used for close up but I would personally prefer to use it for a video etc as I can change a card visually with a regular card and hand it out so that's my preferred method for close up . It's certainly ok to use though close up and I can post you a video if you pm me , and I will show you my current gimmick in action regards Tarik 😊
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Nice! I wonder if they're the locking kind?
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2017, Bill08 wrote:
Nice! I wonder if they're the locking kind?

Yes, they are all with locking.
In fact, what you get is my newest process. It's thinner and stronger. All threads are applied with Silicone oil to make it stronger.

Hondo
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Want. Any uk dealers got this?
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Saturn magic
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
But you can buy the instant download from elusionist
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Watched the instant download and loved it.Goes high up my list with gaff factory
and the rough and smooth project.The first card you learn is straightforward and should be within anyones grasp.Later on the more advanced ones require card splitting. That's covered too...
I think I have only a few minor criticisms. Sometimes the camera went out of focus on close up shots.The jig he makes uses a metal blade.Wouldn't it have been easier and much safer to make it out of an ice lolly /popcicle stick?
The section on spraying isn't really in the correct place and its not untill further on you fully understand why some cards need it.Most don't and the rgb I want to make doesn't.
The elastic used should have been gone, into a bit more detail.For the record most use pyrm 977770 sewing elastic thread.
I had no problems with it being subtitles they where good and mr hondo was thorough in his teaching. Highly recommended and would make hallucination deck much more of a worker.Locking cards too...so awesome.Like the look of blured too second on list .
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
After reading a few posts these cards are very different than the old mousetrap flap cards.There is no creases at all.If you saw a faint line down one I guess it's probably been demonstrated a fair few times and needed touching up.None of the cards mr hondo makes and shows up close once the camera goes into focus has any real tell tale giveaway
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Is this a new set of instructions or is the same instructions as the original Flap-Card but this time with a specific card included in the purchase ?
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Dunno but I'm interested in the colour changing box that isn't in the download.
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2017, goochelen wrote:
Is this a new set of instructions or is the same instructions as the original Flap-Card but this time with a specific card included in the purchase ?

Hi, it's pre-made flap card. The ad copy and trailer are wrong and I've messaged them to fix it.

Hondo
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
So just wanting to make sure, is there the video included with the premade card? Or just the premade card?
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:
So just wanting to make sure, is there the video included with the premade card? Or just the premade card?

Just pre-made card with instruction teaching you how to use and repair.
If you want to learn how to make, you can buy it on ellusionist.( but it's the old version. I'm shooting 2.0 for my new method to make flap cards. The new one will be thinner and stronger)

Hondo
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Awesome, thanks for the response Hondo, guess I'll wait for the new release (:
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
How long will the pre-made card last? I ask because I am not good at making my own gimmicks.
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, bobmag56 wrote:
How long will the pre-made card last? I ask because I am not good at making my own gimmicks.

I think that the thread of card can work for weeks but it can be repaired when it breaks.
And the card is strong enough to use for hundreds of times. The only problem is the edges of the card will get dirty for every time use just like the normal card.

Hondo
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Looks like Penguin has this now, with pre-made cards... time for me to jump in the pool I think!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2017, KristoBall wrote:
Looks like Penguin has this now, with pre-made cards... time for me to jump in the pool I think!

It's too bad that they don't offer flat shipping on this. Isn't it just a gimmick card, and a link to the video?
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I was hoping for flat shipping as well. Sometimes they just haven't updated their system yet so it's just a matter of asking for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hondo WHO??? - - "Flap Card" by Hondo Chen (244 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL