The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hondo WHO??? - - "Flap Card" by Hondo Chen (244 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2018, knownmagician wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help but Are you sure that Modern Flap is a gimmicked Flap Card that ready to use because on penguin site does not state anything about "ready to use gimmick".

Of course I am sure, why would I lie.

Each is made by the most beautiful oriental woman in Asia. They have small, delicate, hands, that creates the most perfect Flap Card your money can buy. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What’s the V2 difference? Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe that was covered previously by Hondo. You would have to go back several pages and read his comments. As I remember, and I may not be right on the money, it has to do with visibility. Constructions of the placement of the pieces and gimmick.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Pegasus, I believe that the original was a single switch that you had to construct yourself, while the current one does a double switch and you receive an already made gimmick.

I purchased the original - video only - but never did make a flap card that worked well. I ordered the newer one from Penguin when it was released but latest received notification that they had none and didn't know when they would have any. Offered me a refund or I could wait until they got more. I took the refund. Smile

Jim
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thank you for J & Bill.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
In November of last year, I got an email back from Hondo stating... "I'll send you an invoice when the Box Set v2.0 is released..."

Since then, I've not heard anything back from him.

Does anyone have anything on the release or who will be selling Hondo's Box Set ver2.0 of the "Flap Card"?

Thanks,,,

~allen
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2018, Magic from A to Z wrote:
In November of last year, I got an email back from Hondo stating... "I'll send you an invoice when the Box Set v2.0 is released..."

Since then, I've not heard anything back from him.

Does anyone have anything on the release or who will be selling Hondo's Box Set ver2.0 of the "Flap Card"?

Thanks,,,

~allen

Hello Allen!
I'm still too busy to film the new videos for 2.0.
I'll try to finish the filming work in May. And then we need some time to edit them and translate the subtitles into English.
Sorry for your long waiting.

Hondo
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Hondo bought your Modern Flap Card from Magic Soul, not happy with the gap it leaves, any suggestions?
The videos don't show any gaps.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
It is ready to use out of the packet and you get one video on presentation (I would have liked more). You also get videos on how to make them.

This was Saturn Magics blurb for the card I bought.

Over many months of extensive research, Hondo has refined the Flap Card design to allow for faster flips and the near-complete elimination of fold lines and uneven surfaces. This means that you (yes, YOU) will be able to perform for audiences on all sides AND up close, with any type of card you'd like: the design looks great on Aces, number cards, and blank cards alike. Not only that, but Hondo's specialized locking mechanism will allow you to hold a flip, hands-free, and release it whenever you're ready. And the most exciting news: you will now be able to flip the same card TWICE, showing a total of three different surfaces to stun and amaze your audience.

1. Elimination of fold lines. No not on mine close up you can see the lines.
2. Flip the same card twice. Only on the more expensive ones.
3. I do not like the gap it leaves it looks like something you would make yourself. I found the videos very good until mine arrived in the post I was not very happy.

I would have bought more but not on seeing what I received.

Hondo whats going on man?

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2018, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2018, knownmagician wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help but Are you sure that Modern Flap is a gimmicked Flap Card that ready to use because on penguin site does not state anything about "ready to use gimmick".

You might want to read the descriptions again; they all say that a flap card is included. Some show out of stock but several show as in stock.

Jim
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
By "gap", do you mean the centerline (foldline)? or a problem related to the card thickness?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
He actually sells a video on how to make the flap cards but I think it is ONLY available from Ellusionist https://www.ellusionist.com/flap.html
I spent the $20 and found it to be fairly a comprehensive video. I also like "Flap cards by Alexis De La Fuente" from Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2018, Bill08 wrote:
By "gap", do you mean the centerline (foldline)? or a problem related to the card thickness?

In the videos they all show the card face on, if you were to do the effect and toss the card onto the table the spectator would see it looks like two cards stuck together. I am actually waiting for some magnets to arrive to see if this helps the problem.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
He actually sells a video on how to make the flap cards but I think it is ONLY available from Ellusionist https://www.ellusionist.com/flap.html
I spent the $20 and found it to be fairly a comprehensive video. I also like "Flap cards by Alexis De La Fuente" from Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

With the one I bought he shows you how to make extra cards in detail so no need to buy any videos.
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of SleightlyCurious
Anyone know if the tutorial on Hondo's site is the newer one or if its the same one as the E site?

I've messaged Hondo but received no reply. Smile
Always "sleightly" curious.
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

And also if the tutorial tells you what supplies to get or where?
tylerb
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tylerb
It will tell you what supplies you need in the video I believe. The main supply can be easily found on Amazon.
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Thanks Tyler
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
When you go on to amazon and select one of the items, check the section on other customers also bought

When I did this it had just about all the items Hondo recomends you buy. At the time I was shopping I think many other people had bought the items per his instructions.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like Hondo just released a double sided version of Flap Card. Interesting.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65846
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Hi
I have an original Hondo Flap. I’ve just got it out after a few years. It still works, but I’ve forgotten how to lock it, and the instruction video link no longer works. Please could someone who has it message me? Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hondo WHO??? - - "Flap Card" by Hondo Chen (244 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL