The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BANDIT by Darryl Davis & Daryl Williams (a.k.a. The Other Brothers) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
I haven't seen anybody talk about this yet. Here's the link and Ad copy:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7107

The most shocking magic doesn’t happen in your hands. After all, you do sleight-of-hand; magic is SUPPOSED to happen in your hands.

TRULY SHOCKING magic happens INSIDE YOUR SPECTATORS’ HANDS.

And BANDIT not only happens inside your spectators’ hands…WHEN it happens, they lose their s#!t.

Here’s how the trick looks:

1) You CLEANLY display two rubber bands. You place one of them inside your spectator’s hand. She can see it there—just one band—until the very last second, when she closes her hand.

2) You take the second rubber band…and make it disappear in the CLEANEST WAY CONCEIVABLE. It goes into your hand…and then IT’S JUST GONE. You can show both hands front and back. Nowhere to be found.

3) She opens her hand…and, you guessed it: The second rubber band has REAPPEARED INSIDE HER HAND, along with the first one.

4) She FREAKS the f*#k out. (I include this as a step of the trick because it happens pretty much every time.)

SPECIAL NOTE FOR BEGINNER MAGICIANS: If you’ve never done a trick like this before, prepare for the biggest reactions of your life.

SPECIAL NOTE FOR ADVANCED MAGICIANS:
If you’re familiar with ‘the sponge ball trick’ you know how powerful this premise can be. Also, if you’re familiar with THAT trick, you’re going to LOVE all the thinking and refinements that made THIS trick possible. Both the ‘load’ and the ‘vanish’ are accomplished in COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WAYS—ways that take advantage of the basic properties of rubber bands. And, of course, the biggest advantage of using rubber bands in place of sponge balls is: Sponge Balls look suspicious—like they came from a magic shop. Whereas everyone already knows what rubber bands are and how they’re supposed to look. So using bands puts the focus on the magic, not the props.

FINAL NOTES TO ALL:

-When you receive the download, you’ll not only get Daryl Williams and Darryl Davis’s complete teaching; you’ll get TWO FULLY SEPARATE vanishes. Combine those with the original two-phase routine and really you’re getting 4 tricks for the price of one.

-Unlike so many rubber band tricks out there, you don’t need sleeves or trick rubber bands to make the magic happen. Short sleeves and regular rubber bands will get the job done. And in this case “getting the job done” is code for FREAKING PEOPLE OUT.

-Rick Lax

Notes and credits: The core of the vanish comes from James Chadier and was presented on a DVD produced by Kyle Marlett. Further trick refinements come from Rick Lax, Jake Roeber, and Justin Flom.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Hey y'all, I just checked out out "The Other Brother's" (Darryl Davis and Daryl Williams) newest release Bandit. It is an incredible teleporting rubber band. It visually and cleanly vanishes and apears in a spectators hand. They call it sponge balls with rubber bands but the moments are significantly better in Bandit.

The effect is very modern, quick and to the point. The method is bold in more ways than one and will take some guts to pull off. That said, I have performed the rubber band vanish for my closest friends repeatedly and it still has not been figured out.

As far as limitations go, they do say that it could be a closer. This is true, it is strong enough to close a close-up set, BUT the set up they show is such that it would only really work for an opener. I wish they would have gone over a way to get into it cold but you kind of need to walk up to your audience already set up.

The trick should be performed for small group, it really would not work on stage or even a group of more than 10 or 15. As a close up opener to crazy man's handcuffs though, I haven't seen anything stronger. You have the freedom with the rubber bands as well, you can basically use most average rubber bands as long as they weren't too big.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1218 Posts

Profile of magicman29
A full performance would be nice!

Kieran
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Yeah, they could do it too. I think it would stand up to it. They were nervous about the vanish but I feel like on camera it is even more impossible than in real life.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
304 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Once many people learn the secret of the vanish, some will be put off performing it, I guarantee it. You cannot perform this vanish anywhere.

However if you do want to learn the SAME Vanish + 12 other great impromptu routines, pick up Sparks by JC James for only $10 more from penguin
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Sparks is really great and we fully credited it. But you need to try the vanish. No one ever thinks you can do the vanish. That's exactly what Rick told us when we told him about Bandit! Don't be discouraged, try it out and you won't believe how amazing this vanish is to your audiences! It's bold, but when you do it, it is so clean, so isolated, so impossible, they will be left speechless.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
We really love this trick and we're so happy you guys are getting into it too! It's going to be available really soon. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I viewed the download and think it is just awesome! I can't believe I didn't think of this! Good job, Darryl's.

KJ
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Thank you so much 1KJ! looking forward to this going public so everyone can check it out!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3821 Posts

Profile of emyers99
This is pretty brilliant. Yes, the vanish is crazy and will take guts but it completely flew by me Smile if you are not a fan of the vanish, the best vanish I've ever seen is by Michael Weber. Floored a room full of magicians at the magi fest a few years ago. It's as crazy as this vanish but in a completely different way. In a set of his notes. In any event, this one is a hoot and I really like the Brothers. Great teaching and fun to watch.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
I've performed the vanish to those who are most critical of my magic, my family and friends. I've done it maybe 10 times and have yet to be caught. Even when the vanish makes noise it hasn't pulled focus.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1281 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
The website says pre order. Is this available to download?
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
The website says pre order. Is this available to download?

It is available. I think the website just hasn't been updated yet.

KJ
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1218 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
This is pretty brilliant. Yes, the vanish is crazy and will take guts but it completely flew by me Smile if you are not a fan of the vanish, the best vanish I've ever seen is by Michael Weber. Floored a room full of magicians at the magi fest a few years ago. It's as crazy as this vanish but in a completely different way. In a set of his notes. In any event, this one is a hoot and I really like the Brothers. Great teaching and fun to watch.

Hi emyers99,
What notes of Michael weber is his vanish on?

Kieran
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
If you love rubber band magic this is a must. Very easy and even fooled me. Not that I not easy to fool. But the vanish went right by me. So crazy you don't be leave it but it works. I all ready did this at work for a few people and blow them away. I smile at my self how it kills and they have no idea. Well worth the price. Thanks.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2925 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
If you are a restaurant worker .. well ... be carefull (not practical)
I liked it and there are ways getting around my above statement as explained on the download.
I like these guys, they seem like allot of fun to hang out with.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, davidpaul$ wrote:
If you are a restaurant worker .. well ... be carefull (not practical)
I liked it and there are ways getting around my above statement as explained on the download.
I like these guys, they seem like allot of fun to hang out with.

You could probably get away with it here and there but in general I'd avoid doing it in a restaurant as well. You could do the alternative vanish though.

For the regular vanish the room should have some ambient noise. I'd only do it for a close group.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
When we did it to Justin flom there was no ambient noise. The sound you think needs to be covered is so far away from where all attention is at, no one had ever paid it any attention. Try it out once in a quieter space, you'll be amazed!
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
I would do one of the 2 alternate vanishes if I was working a restaurant. Actually the smart restaurant worker would immediately know which of the 2 to use
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Just bought the download and what can I say? nice routine including one of my methods taught on
Totally Crazy Bands years back, used for my perfect linked Rubberbands.

Full Credits Guys?

Would be appriciated, thank you Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BANDIT by Darryl Davis & Daryl Williams (a.k.a. The Other Brothers) (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL