The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BANDIT by Darryl Davis & Daryl Williams (a.k.a. The Other Brothers) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
I haven't heard of totally crazy bands. We're more than happy to give credit where credit is due, that's super important to us and we wish it was more important to some others. Which part of the routine do you have work on?
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, I.M.Wright wrote:
I haven't heard of totally crazy bands. We're more than happy to give credit where credit is due, that's super important to us and we wish it was more important to some others. Which part of the routine do you have work on?

The Part where you show openly one Rubberband in each Hand. Probably the most important Part of your Routine
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3821 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, magicman29 wrote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
This is pretty brilliant. Yes, the vanish is crazy and will take guts but it completely flew by me Smile if you are not a fan of the vanish, the best vanish I've ever seen is by Michael Weber. Floored a room full of magicians at the magi fest a few years ago. It's as crazy as this vanish but in a completely different way. In a set of his notes. In any event, this one is a hoot and I really like the Brothers. Great teaching and fun to watch.

Hi emyers99,
What notes of Michael weber is his vanish on?

Kieran

They were his magi fest lecture notes but I'm sure it appears in some of his other notes. For the record, in his vanish, the rubber band that vanishes can't be examined or reproduced.
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
I have 'Sparks' and yes the vanish works extremely well (depending on location).
Bandit is very good - I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before!
Good work - worth the purchase
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Ok. Just watched the video.
I'm liking this effect.
I like the boldness of the vanish. Can't wait to start trying it out. It looks so clean and I think it's going to be a lot of fun pulling it off. I love doing magic that is in your face and just being bold with what I'm doing.
I enjoyed these guys teaching and I look forward to more stuff from them.
This routine isn't too hard from a skill level (I'm a rubber band guy).
My only criticism would be a bit more info on how to get into the trick.
Still, a great little routine. Happy with my purchase.
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Daryl Davis nailed me with this, particularly the vanish! Great band material, the sponge balls of rubber bands
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2471 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Being too analytical as a magician can be dangerous. The bold move would never hve discussed if not shared. Because it is bold makes it incredible. Harry Lorayne's Ghost pass is like this and you would never see it if someone didn't tell you. This is simply brilliant. GREAT JOB!!!

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:
When we did it to Justin Flom there was no ambient noise. The sound you think needs to be covered is so far away from where all attention is at, no one had ever paid it any attention. Try it out once in a quieter space, you'll be amazed!

Ambient noise does help. Since watching the download I have performed it upwards of 20 times for different people. The vanish has pulled attention a couple of times depending on my surroundings, without tipping the method windows were the problem. Some ambient noise would fix this.

That said, when I first performed the vanish for my wife there was a distinct noise, but she was still fooled.

The biggest problem I have had is spectators standing by and spoiling the effect. The immediate audience sees what I want them to see almost every time. People standing back a bit see the method, so you've got to be careful about audience management.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:

Here the link for my Method that Equals the one you show on your Bandit Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0RsbLCFWVY

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
In most professional settings, I would suggest modifying the vanish just slightly and using a Topit.

I am working on another method that I want to share with the creators, perhaps they might like to add it to the download.

KJ
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Just got this.

I knew how the 2 bands were getting into the hand but was curious about the vanish.

Realised I allready have the SPARKS dvd which I need to watch(i buy a lot of downloads & forget I have bought them).

I think this is very good & love the other effect that these lads have out.

The vanish is great but not for ALL SITUATIONS(having said that it is excellent).

There are also two other great vanishes on the dvd.

Worth the money as it's simple & straight to the point.

I am keeping a watch out for anything these two guys release as it's real world quality.

They know what works.

Well done lads & well done Penguine.

Mike Donoghue
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On May 24, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
In most professional settings, I would suggest modifying the vanish just slightly and using a Topit.

I am working on another method that I want to share with the creators, perhaps they might like to add it to the download.

KJ

a topit for a rubberband vanish
Smile

great idea

www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Why not using a pull and long sleeves Smile

www.rasmusmagic.ch
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1542 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
A topit, a pull with long sleeves, whatever works right. I mean that's what makes magicians magicians isn't it, the willingness to go to great lengths to give our spectators that moment of astonishment.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 25, 2016, rasmus wrote:
Why not using a pull and long sleeves Smile

Yes, that would work too. I was just practicing a rubber band vanish to shirt pocket. It is looking good, and no gimmick required!

kj
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Rasmus, that's a really great routine! Very visual and clean rubber band link! Thank you everyone for your kind words. We are so happy you're enjoying our magic. We've got even more coming out in a week or so as long as everything works out on the distribution side!

~Daryl
music
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of music
Why not vanish it in the trusty ole TT?
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
...or you could vanish the rubber band in a livestock mirror box.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
If the setting isn't right for the vanish taught, here's another option:

have them hold their rubber band in both hands behind their back as you do the same. Now, there is no way you can get your rubber band into their hands. Yours goes in your pocket.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Question:

How would you do this effect if you are not doing it as an opener? Please PM me if it gets into tipping any methods for this effect.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BANDIT by Darryl Davis & Daryl Williams (a.k.a. The Other Brothers) (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL