The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Mini 3 Cube Zag With Swords (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1170 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Sorry to re-post this...but my last post was deleted for some reason. Anyway, is anyone currently using the Mini 3 Cube Zag With Swords Illusion from Doug Tilford. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
magicfest
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of magicfest
Be careful with that one, isn't it a rip off of a mini kub zag that chalet has the rights to ? we all know what buying knock offs does to the magic industry
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I hope I'm not stirring a hornet's nest but... If one can buy plans, make an illusion, and paint it the way that fits thier act is that creating a knock off? and is it wrong to do? , I think the Mini 3 Cube Zag looks nice/good, I happened upon that on a search , didn't know that Chalet was the first to come up with this effect. So, is that really wrong to buy.

I'm sure this will cause quite a response and that's not my intentions. Just thinking out loud I suppose.

RandyM
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Dear Randy,
No ,Chalet was not the first to come up with this effect.
They have the US rights to build this illusion.
It was created in germany by Gunther Puchinger who took the "zig zag" & his version of the"tube box" together to create this great illusion.
I don't think the mini 3 cube with swords is a direct rip off of the original since it looks different & the method used is different (possition of girl)
But I do think the "mini cube zag" (by Chalet) gets a lot better reaction from the audience.
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
El rafeal is correct. The MINI 3 CUBE ZAG WITH SWORDS uses an entirely different method as girl is placed completely different

There are TESTOMONIALS by the Mini 3 Cube With Swords and anyone is free to contact these people.

When I first saw it peformed I did not know how it was done.

Cody, why don t you contact people who purchased one--infact one of the people lives in Texas where you live if I am not mistaken

Sincerely, Douglas Tilford

http://www.tilfordillusions.com

illusiontilford@webtv.net

PS I also offer a 7 day money back guarantee on this illusion upon receipt
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1170 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Dear Café,

Thanks for all the helpful information guys. Since my original post (back in March) I had a chance to check out both of the above illusions "up close and in person". The owners of both the Chalet and Mini-Cub Zag With Swords were VERY helpful (thanks guys).

There are differences in these two illusions. Yes they both "cub" and they both "zag". However, as mentioned above, the "positioning" of the assistant is completely different in both illusions. Perhaps knowing how the Chalet model works set me up for being fooled by the Mini Cub Zag With Swords. It was very fooling...even close up!

Both individuals I met had nothing but praise for each illusion. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste...

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Dear Cody,

Thank you for your post explaining the differences between the two illusions: Cube Zag (Chalet) and Mini 3 Cube with Swords.

Also, I am glad you were able to contact several purchasers of the Mini 3 Cube with Swords and they highly recommended it.

The Very Best, Douglas L. Tilford
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
magicfest
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of magicfest
I didn't know the placement of the girls was different. I'm glad. There seem to be too many rip offs out there in magic. Thanks for the information.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Mini 3 Cube Zag With Swords (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL