The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Who offers Balloons with free shipping ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I remember seeing somewhere that you get free shipping with orders over $150 ... Can someone point me to the right direction. I'm looking for qualatex brand balloons.
J Rodriguez
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
La Rock
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Thanks plink
J Rodriguez
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Balloon merchant prices are cheaper and you get a discount of 5 percent on order.

I actually went online and made exact order at Larocks and Balloon Merchant.

When the cart was filled at $168 Larocks gave "free shipping" and Balloon Merchant gave "5 percent total discount" the winner in price was Balloon Merchant.

This may have something to do with where I live verse location of store but I challange you to try the samething.
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Kevinr - it looks like balloon merchant is Qualatex only. Am I right?

I think I'm becoming a mostly-Betallatex guy myself.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I think you are correct.

Again,

I would pick three stores and just "add to cart" and see which works out best for you.

For me the prices was a lot less with Balloonmerchant.com
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
While we're on the topic... where do you guys order from if you just need 2 or 3 bags of 260s (for example)?
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
TMyers offers free shipping on orders over $145.

There are factors to consider other than price. First, consider where the store is in relation to where you are. That affects the shipping time.

But also, consider that some distributors do a lot more for the balloon community besides sell balloons. Some of them sponsor conventions. Some of them sponsor tours like TJam on the Road. Some of them host classes and jams. This stuff matters. If the distributors did not do this, the balloon community would not be where it is today.

Obviously price matters, but it's not the only factor.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
True, and Balloon Merchant has been selling Qualatex Balloons and supporting the balloon community since 1965.

I thought TMyers went out of business because the prices were just so high and they couldn't compete anymore?
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Tmyers prices are reasonable. They aren't the cheapest in the world, but they are competitive.

I was not aware that Balloon Merchant did anything to support the balloon community other than sell balloon. Do they produce educational programs? I am referring to distributors who do more than sell balloons.

The distributors that I know of that really support the balloon community would be Continental Sales and TMyers. There are probably others, but those are the two that I know of that produce workshops and other educational programs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Who offers Balloons with free shipping ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL