The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Magic Gone Wrong (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
VolunteerMagic
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of VolunteerMagic
I love magic gone wrong...or 'performed incorrectly', ALA Tommy Cooper.

I only have a couple routines so far (not performed. Just 'on-paper' routines)

- Spinning playing card - do the routine as you normally would, until you 'see a wasp' and try to dodge and get out of its way. All the while, the playing card is flailing wildly.

- Nailed It - I would do the 'Nailed It' routine with the addition of me 'calling my insurance company' and trying to get a higher insurance rate through the entire bit. Once you get down to two bags, the insurance company denies the insurance increase. So you throw the other two bags in a garbage can.
Woodini
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Woodini
I have done the McCombical prediction card routine for years, and it always plays well.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2016, Mike Maturen wrote:
No problem...he was hilarious!

Totally agree about Foster Brooks ..he was all over TV when I was growing up and even as I child I thought he was hilarious.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I think an interesting idea would be to do a mis-made fan where the fan breaks on YOU, but works when the spectator opens it! When he opens it, you get excited because you can use the fan after all, but when you take it from him, it breaks again! After the second time, you give up and let the spectator wave the fan.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
No one has mentioned the two ways the Wrong Way plot is handled
1. you, the magician make mistakes
2. the volunteer makes the mistakes

I know, a lot of you are going to say how distasteful it is to make an assistant look bad -THIS COMMENT IS MEANT TO MAKE THE SUBJECT COMPLETE

( I foresee this subject going from 1 page to 3) Go ahead, if you think it makes you feel better..

The volunteer making the mistakes can be fantastic. This is my favorite such routine: Whit "Pop" Haydn's linking ring routine.

Here's the link because I seem to be doing something wrong: https://youtu.be/oAOmXqYiL5o
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
Ioannes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ioannes
Check out Gerald Deutsch's Perverse Magic. It is amazing!
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Just a thought on the tipsy or drunk theme - in 2021 being drunk on stage is not nearly as funny as it was considered to be in Foster Brooks heyday. Attitudes towards being drunk in public have changed considerably since then.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I developed a rope routine where I kept claiming I was going to restore the rope, only to have the rope restore itself and leave me hanging;

"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
dmcknight
View Profile
New user
who finally has
64 Posts

Profile of dmcknight
I've recently seen video of an act by the late great Purnell Zorch / Al Cohen that was hilarious. There are some snippets on YouTube worth searching out; it included a silk-to-cane with some silk hanging out over the top and an absurd Miser's Dream. It's possible the act was only done for other magicians as there were several inside jokes and reveals, but my goodness it was funny.
"Success" is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Magic Gone Wrong (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL