The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marble by John Kennedy (85 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
tdaube
View Profile
Loyal user
Nevada
229 Posts

Profile of tdaube
I saw this YouTube video of a new trick by John Kennedy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvKuR1fCNo&feature=youtu.be but don't know if it's out yet. Does anyone know or have this?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The fact that the marble rolls eliminates the use of thread or magnets. Very cool. I have no idea how this works.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Seems to be another winner from John. His Mistery Box (Wood Version) is still in my Repertoire and imo
still the Best Card to Box to Date!
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I wonder if it has to be that close to the table edge everytime...
Official Thread Killer
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I checked out his webshop - nothing, yet:

http://www.johnkennedymagic.com/
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I want to know if your hands have to be that close or can it be a distance PK
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very intresting
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
From what I can gather the marble is ungimmicked and you have to wear long sleeves.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
If a trailer exposes what is going on numerous times, is it okay to talk about it?

I'm presuming not, so won't say anything other than look at the trailer and I think you can figure out what is going on.

Or maybe what I'm seeing has nothing to do with the effect and is just done to set up a comment like this, in which case, D'OH and well-played, sir!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On May 29, 2016, rasmus wrote:
Seems to be another winner from John. His Mistery Box (Wood Version) is still in my Repertoire and imo
still the Best Card to Box to Date!

I till have my original mystery box also rasmus.....great shape too!

I would hope no long sleeves and the marble is the only one to use. Hope I am right. If any marble could be used, why would he use one so odd looking? Just hoping is all. No IT or electronics, interesting.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay I asked about it on Kennedy contact form and here is the answer I received:

"Short sleeves also work. Any marble of the proper size will work, around 7/8" - 1"."
GrailQuest
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of GrailQuest
I have emailed Mr Kennedy to see if I can determine a release date. I will let everyone know how I get on.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
No thread but maybe loops ?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I would think loop qualifies as thread though. Oh what can it be? Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, GrailQuest wrote:
I have emailed Mr Kennedy to see if I can determine a release date. I will let everyone know how I get on.

I was told probably this coming week, approximately $60
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I don't think John Kennedy would blur the line between loops and thread in the way some younger 'creators' seem to do.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's good news then. I only assumed long sleeves as all of the specs were in t shirts.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Very clever but if I could move a marble through telekinesis I would not use it to find a selected card. It seems a little silly to me.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah I agree with you Scott on the card. But I guess he did that just to impress the kid or something. Or he was on the fly and did not have something to build up to the "just a marble rolling."

I am a little excited I have to admit because I have no idea how this can be happening. Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looks like you will have to be sitting down to perform this . If you do strolling magic then just pull up a chair !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marble by John Kennedy (85 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL