We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic with regular objects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

proliv
View Profile
New user
Portugal
36 Posts

Profile of proliv
Can you guys give some ideas about regualar objects wich I can perform magic I mean objects that you can find find or borrow from anyone? I love such kind of magic because there are lots of simple tricks just using sleight of hands and people know that the object is perfectly normal.
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Salt Shaker thru table, coin vanish/appear, card tricks with borrowed deck, coin in sugar packet,elastic band cuffs.......just a few
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Well Proliv,
As you probably know - magic is very versatile.
You can do magic with pretty much anything-anywhere.
It's called "magic with everyday objects".
I'm not sure if you are searching for magic done at work, (office objects) or restaurant/bar objects.
In any case I would suggest you to check out Gregory Wilson's "On the Spot" or some Jay Sankey material.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
NYKnicks5
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of NYKnicks5
I second Greg Wilson's on the spot...he has a two DVD set that has tons of tricks you can do with borrowed objects. I highly recommend these. If you do a search on the Café, I am sure you will find tons of reviews for this DVD.
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
I suggest "Sleight of Hand", by Edward Sachs.
ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
Why not read Tarbell or some other introductory text.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
You can use anything in place of the props that are used. Like the three in the hand one in pocket. Doc Eason uses bolts and nuts. Rubber bands are also good, sugar packs, salt shakers, the restaurants cup, the restaurant's paper sack, their napkins, their silverware. Just look at the routine and think what else could I use as props.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
One of my favorite tricks is stiring silver by jay sankey. It uses a borrowed ring and a spoon. In a restaurant what is more regular than that.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I like doing cups and balls with coffee cups and wadded up bread for the balls.
Daniel Faith
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1485 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
There are a lot of routine that make appears coins from (borrowed? why not) pens. See "Recap" in "on the spot" for another pen-routine.
Jean-Luc Bertrand (French guy) published a NICE lighter routine. VERY magical with a kicker-ending that people will remember. It's named "No-smoking".

By the way, tons of cigarette-tricks out there...

Jonathan.
itsupyoursleeve
View Profile
New user
Ingleton, UK
64 Posts

Profile of itsupyoursleeve
I'm intrigued to know the jay sankey Sterling Sliver effect, can anyone enlighten me
cheers
chappy
View Profile
Special user
709 Posts

Profile of chappy
"Stirring" Silver is a quick borrowed ring on/off spoon effect and can be found on TVBOJS Vol.1
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1485 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
You'll find it in Sankey-tized too (I don't remember in which volume.) It is really NICE.
Jonathan.
Jhonsky
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
112 Posts

Profile of Jhonsky
Greg Wilson's ON The spot is covers a lot of everyday objects. It's very impromptu stuff. CHeck it out.
EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
Four steps:
1. Go to the local restaurant at which you are working or hope to work, and make a list of all of the objects normally on the table when it is set up.

2. Find a copy of "The Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic," by Martin Gardner (pub. Magic Inc., 575 pages, temporarily out of print). The chapters are arranged alphabetically by the name of the prop, e.g., "Knives," "Straws," etc.

3. Read through all the routines, tricks and bits using the objects on your restaurant list.

4. Enjoy a wonderful career table-hopping without all that crap in your pockets!

Cheers!
Alan Gold
View Profile
Regular user
Key West, FL
149 Posts

Profile of Alan Gold
One note on what Eric said....if you are going to be doing any silverware bending tricks, make sure the restaurant manager is okay with that!

True story: I brought a friend of mine who does a lot of silverware bending to our restaurant's Thanksgiving party. Now, he carries his own silverware (gets it in bulk from Smart & Final) and between that and some IT, he proceeded to wow many of my coworkers. (They are kind of used to me, but I had some new stuff that I still wowed them with.) At one point while my friend was doing some silverware bending, the General Manager, who I get along with quite well, leaned over to me and said, "Don't even THINK about doing that at work!" I couldn't stop laughing, but I have no doubt that he would shoot me if I ever started bending the restaurant flatware!

:-)

Alan
Remember: Al G. is just another way to say pond scum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic with regular objects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL