The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Advertising (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
I have a question for those who do kids shows. Do any of you use fliers to advertise your show?(the type that could be put into mailboxes)

I'm going to 'take the plunge' and begin performing kids shows again. I'm planning to hand out fliers in my neighborhood to get the ball rolling.

Would anybody here be willing to share their flier with me, so that I can tailor it to my own show? I'm looking for general formatting ideas here.

Please don't respond by telling me the general information that I ought to have on the flier. I'm looking for ACTUAL fliers that you've used, and that you've gotten results with.

Thanks to all in advance!
davidfogel@attbi.com

"I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, Please save me Superman!"

Homer J. Simpson
David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
Was I wrong to ask this? I certainly hope not. If so, perhaps somebody could private message me and let me know, so I won't do it again.
davidfogel@attbi.com

"I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, Please save me Superman!"

Homer J. Simpson
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
You were not wrong--if people don't want to send you their info, they don't have to.

I suggest you pick up Sammy Smith's, "Sell Your Act with Brochures and Flyers" which is full of actual brochures and flyers from working pros all over the world. Sammy explains what makes each piece effective and why.

SPS Publications, Box 769, Tavares, FL 32778
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
kaznzak
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of kaznzak
David,
I will try and send you a copy of our flier and our business card for your info - nothing to flash but plenty of colour and movement!
We have access to reasonably cheap colour printing and I reckon it is well worth it - but we do distribute the black and version in bulk as well.
Hope this helps
Kaz
Sorry, file is too large - will try to e-mail it to you later.
Cheers
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Scott's right; you weren't wrong.
It's just that most flyers and brochures are (a) too large to be sent by e-mail; and (b) have too much artwork to translate properly on this board.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Advertising (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL