The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Playing/Business Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
I've been thinking that using a standard poker size card format for a magician's business card would be a natural idea, but found some older topics which seemed to advise against it.

Any comments pro or con?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9769 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
The first thingthat comes to my mind is that many think of thsi only from teh performers point of view. In reality think about it from the recipient's point of view. A playing card is much bigger than a normal busienss card, tehrefore won't fit in most files, cases or business card storage components or in a bundle with others.

To me, this would cause me not to keep it, toss it out, and think "cute, but intrusive and not convenient to keep." Now there are others that will likely tell you the opposite perception - that by being bigger it WILL stand out (intentionally), be remembered because of its difference and uniqueness, and therefore is a positive thing.

So really it depends on which theory you subscribe to. I would not find it impressive or ingenious bot rather a pain. Others, especially magicians and some marketers, will likely disagree.

Yes yo want to be different and stand out, but only in a favorable and positve way, not obnoxiously or unfavorably.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
You could have mini playing/business cards made.

Standar business card size, but texture and shape of a playing card.
I shall see you on the other side.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
This brings up a great topic. I have only utilized postcard sized cards and never used standard business cards. For sure, I prefer handing out my post cards to children and parents, as they are far more liklely to keep them as a souvenir. For sake of consistency, I have always used the same postcards for business contacts. Reading Mindpro's post does cause me to pause and consider if perhaps I am limiting myself from being added to their business card stash. I now am thinking through just how different client types might choose to store such information. Personally, I use a phone app and digitally store it from a picture taken of a card. I would think business owners might have similar ways. Getting people to digitally store my information would be ideal because it is also much easier for them to pass it on to others. I look forward to seeing this discussion evolve.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The business card is going the way of the Do Do Bird.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Playing/Business Cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL