The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (59 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, papawemba wrote:
Ok thanks for the info lol.
But anyway, that would be false advertising to leave that in the trailer... (If not impromptu of course )
Smile

Anymore, it seems like the definition of impromptu in the magic world means impromptu less and less.

Some definitions would seem to indicate that A Kub Zag is impromptu as long as you have a Kub Zag and an assistant available.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
It isn't a gimmicked card, it is printable PDFs for the reveal at the end
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey all,
As Christopher Williams said its not a gimmicked card.
Also since almost always I perform it with a borrowed deck I consider this to be an impromptu miracle.
I have a specific routine that leads me to the preparation I need.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
262 Posts

Profile of IanB
Take a look through these ...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S6091 2nd and 3rd tricks on this DVD

http://archive.denisbehr.de/show.php?cat=1220 Line 41 referring to Ed Marlo "Perfect Stop Trick" 1945 "Early Marlo" Page 73

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEATPcEfIGM In Greek but you get the idea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3WRgk_xeSM In Russian but you get the idea!

I hope I'm wrong but ...
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Titanas wrote:
Hey all,
As Christopher Williams said its not a gimmicked card.

Best regards,
Titanas

Hey Maybe you should read what's posted on the site you are representing

I Quote

"You receive two custom printed reveal cards"

If that was not the case it could be sold as a simple download without DVD and custom printed cards
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
The custom printed card is a double facer with a joker on one side and the predicted card on the other. This is not a gaff and you don't need it for the trick per se. Watch the Alakazam Vlog on 2nd June for more info.

Man peeps sure are quick to snipe at each other here Smile

The idea of the custom printed card is that it isn't obvious that there is a prediction which makes the ending more impactful.

Whilst it may have similarities to other tricks a couple of the products mentioned have now been discontinued or are unavailable so I can't see an issue with Peter's release.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
The title sounds much more interesting than another boring counting card trick, which could have been easily included in some previous self working video collection.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If one takes the time to look through the links above, one would find that variations on the stop trick are plentiful. There are over 60 versions on the Behr site alone. I found Ammar's version of the perfect stop trick on the web and honestly, the patter left me wanting and the trick seemed boring. At least Mr. Nardi's version has an interesting and engaging story line for a counting trick.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, big dan wrote:
The custom printed card is a double facer with a joker on one side and the predicted card on the other. This is not a gaff and you don't need it for the trick per se. Watch the Alakazam Vlog on 2nd June for more info.

Man peeps sure are quick to snipe at each other here Smile

The idea of the custom printed card is that it isn't obvious that there is a prediction which makes the ending more impactful.

Whilst it may have similarities to other tricks a couple of the products mentioned have now been discontinued or are unavailable so I can't see an issue with Peter's release.

First of all there is nothing wrong with Gimmick Cards

But to say a double faced card is not a Gimmick Card is stretching the Truth a little !

Last time I looked in a regular Card Deck I never noticed any Double Faced Cards
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Why we would have to argue about something that nobody, or few, has seen?

If it is not impromptu soon it will be discovered and underlined by the purchasers... but at the moment it is just only a sterile discussion...

The cards are not a gimmick necessary for the effect that it is based on a principle and anyway I prefer to have such cards realised in a professional way and use them on the go than downloading the product and then being not satisfied by having to print them... also because the DVD, as you someone as rightly noted, is a single DVD effect so it is good that it has inside the cards and everything else...

Wish you all some fun while waiting for mine DVD ;-)
CraigB
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of CraigB
The part I don't quite like is that you're displaying a double faced card to a spectator that shouldn't know that double faced cards are a thing. And it's only being used as a reveal. (Or as someone suggested, it might be being used as a cover for the face of the deck as well.)
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Funny why Mr Nardi hasn't chimed in he's usually very helpful when he has a new release
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2016, CraigB wrote:
The part I don't quite like is that you're displaying a double faced card to a spectator that shouldn't know that double faced cards are a thing. And it's only being used as a reveal. (Or as someone suggested, it might be being used as a cover for the face of the deck as well.)

Jus write the prediction on the back of the joker simple
jeanboucher
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jeanboucher
Looks a lot like The Butterfly Effect by David Forrest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mud0YRR43NM
Magicien pour fête d'enfants

In my more than 25 years of doing magic, I have re-discovered that the most magical audiences are children. They make the best audiences because they don't hide their surprise, or joy, or happiness: all of which, my Magic show will bring to life.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2016, jeanboucher wrote:
Looks a lot like The Butterfly Effect by David Forrest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mud0YRR43NM

Hmmm, this is getting interesting.
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2016, CraigB wrote:

Amen! Doesn't anyone else hate to show double facers to laymen?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Depends on the context. Anniversary Waltz is one powerful trick
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I don't see the problem. I hand out gimmick cards all the time as souvenirs.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
This looks good. I usually have someone just name a card and show it reversed (ID) or have them just name a card and predict that it will be called Phil, but I've been looking for something with a lot more meaningless procedure and I think this will fit the bill. Actually I'm tossing up between this and Bannon's Collusion. Both great, procedure heavy, convoluted and mildly boring ways at predicting a playing card. Smile Smile Smile
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Agree mate lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (59 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL