We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (130 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..17~18~19 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of markhitton
But I can be wrong and what I saw could be not a part involved in the trick Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Smile Smile Smile
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Ben Williams has been playing with X-Ray for a few days now, here’s his video from behind the magic shop curtains at MoM

X-Ray is on the site at MoM now, shipping from the UK here: https://www.magicshop.co.uk/x-ray-by-rasmus-magic-trick

Hope this helps you
Dominic Reyes
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2016, markhitton wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, bond19 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
At 1:23 in the demo you see the gimmick in play which you will instantly know what is used as the gimmick in getting the que

At 1:23 what you are seeing is the spectators open hand holding the coin (on the left hand side of the screen). Or am I missing something?

You are missing the focal point,see again Smile

I couldn't see anything until I watched the vid in high def on youtube. Wasn't visible on the dealer website. And also, yikes - completely new method? unless there's a mexican jumping bean that's been trained to sense the requisite thing, I don't get how it's completely new...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Sounds like the only new thing is the marketing.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Perhaps the 'new' method is meaning this principle of knowing or the gimmick used has now been adapted to a classic utility device - has not been used in that way before so for that reason he is claiming it as being new?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I would have opened the package, seen the thing and thrown it against the wall.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Just to be clear - it's entirely possible that Rasmus has created a very useful and nifty item here - I just personally don't like those types of gimmicks. That's all I meant... sorry for the negativity, Rasmus.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
I have to agree.
Between not having great luck with that particular utility and the fact that Penguin still doesn't have any form of ETA I'm considering cancelling my pre-order... Smile

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Just to be clear - it's entirely possible that Rasmus has created a very useful and nifty item here - I just personally don't like those types of gimmicks. That's all I meant... sorry for the negativity, Rasmus.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4183 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Mine shipped from Penguin today.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I would have opened the package, seen the thing and thrown it against the wall.

Why take it out on the wall.
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Interesting. They told me via chat they have no ETA for getting it in.
Is that all you ordered, or possible your order got partially shipped?

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Mine shipped from Penguin today.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
202 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
I have never done any which hand effect but have been wanting to do this for a MUCH stronger effect in the spectator's eyes.

It's pretty clear what I'm getting. I trust that Rasmus has made this work reliably. I tried something like this years ago and couldn't do anything like shown in the video. Normally, I'd wait for a more independent review before ordering but having this perfected is easily worth the small price and I trust this will be what I am expecting.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Unfortunately the spectator or friends in the group will see the gimmick as they will be trying to work out how your doing it and why you have to keep 'pointing' at the spectators hands all the time and not just ask questions without pointing (not thinking like a magician, but like any normal educated person in the real world if they seen this performed)

I don't think that's true . Definite magician thnking. Surely you must know just how much goes unnoticed when performing?
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
I expect to get this soon and review it.

Cheers,

Andreu
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Out of stock at penguin. Must be good.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Not always the case.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4183 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got mine. Nice kit. The balls are nice quality if you like that effect. I've never liked that effect so I'll likely stick to the which hand plot. Will obviously take some practice to develop the necessary feel. I've only played with it briefly so the verdict is still out, but thus far I still like my Scan 3D better. Allows for a cleaner handling with nothing to hide, but for the price, X-ray gets the job done and is certainly much cheaper. So it just depends on personal preference. The underlying theory is the same for both. Scan is just a high tech method while X Ray is a low tech mechanical method. Scan allows for empty hands with nothing to hide. X Ray does not.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
504 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
I wrote in another thread that Charles Gauci is one of the most ripped off creator in recent times. And I still stand by that unless evidence to the contrary shows up quite convincingly. IMHO, it looks like the basic principle and both the routines as a set belong to Charles Gauci and I only hope that proper crediting has been done, at the least. I will not be buying it until this is clarified.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1948 Posts

Profile of Daren
Received mine and love it, just did it about 5 times with my wife, and worked 100% of the time, is certainly cheaper than other versions but does the job well, for those that have this don't worry about the gimmick, don't run when no one chasing you, nothing to fear, besides concentrate on your presentation is the key here! But as I said does th job 100% of the time, very pleased
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (130 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL