The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (133 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..17~18~19 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Ok guys, here is what the ad says:

( XRAYRASMUS ) Trick
R: $49.95
Difficulty:No Skill Required
Walk AroundStreetParlor, StageMentalism

The ultimate Which Hand effect + the ultimate Kurotsuke Effect!

Instructions

Download
Description:

"The method is simple yet goes completely undected by spectators. It’s a really nice and open handling of Which Hand. You could do this over and over and always be 100% right." -Paul Romhany, *Reviews Vanish Magazine The ultimate Which Hand effect + the ultimate Kurotsuke Effect!
All needed props included!

X-Ray is the first Which Hand effect and Kurotsuke method to date, that gives you the ability, with rolled up sleeves and no electronics, to guess with 100% accuracy, where the hidden object is. For the first time in magic, Rasmus shares his underground method, that is extremely simple and deceptive to lay people and to magicians as well.

X-Ray uses no electronics and can be performed sleeveless. There is no need to touch the spectators. The method is self contained. You could even do both effects Which Hand and Kurotsuke completely naked if you wanted to.

Includes one black and 4 white balls, for the strongest and most fireproof Which Hand and Kurotsuke style effects, where you guess with 100% accuracy, in which hand the black ball is.

Do it one to one with one black ball
Do it with 5 spectators
Do it with one white and one black ball to one spectator
Do it with a coin or with 2 different coins to one spectator
You know at all times, where which of the coins is (coins not included)

- Extremely simple to use
- 100% accurate every single time
- No complicated setups
- No long and complicated stories to tell
- No electronics
- No noise issues
- Completely self contained
- Invisible method
- Everything you need is included
- Works also perfectly with coins (coins are not included)
- Same range as other professional devices
- No need to touch the spectators
- Instant get in and get out
- 100% original and never before published method
- Perfect for TV shows (no sound issues and no electronics in play)
- No interferences or noise issues with microphones
- Which Hand and Kurotsuke included
- You get a nice velvet bag with 5 plastic balls (one is black) and the gimmick that allows you to do these miracles.

You can do the same with Charles. Just wanted you to see a quality routine.

Here's the bottom line, Rasmus did not create a new idea. Its well documented from a video of years past and from a book. The ad clearly states "Kurotsuke".

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
You do know Kurotsuke is an old Max Maven effect.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I never had Charles' version of kurotsuke, I did have his medallion effect though...the gimmick(s) you got with that are not what you get with x-ray...however! in my mind it is similar in a weird way...for me, I was never comfortable with the gimmick and where it was placed (and that was how it was described in the instructions)...

i don't know about the history of the gimmicking of the spheres though...

there is a similarity between charles' gimmick in the medallion effect and the gimmick you use for x-ray, however, sometimes its a fine line between influence and something being too close to the original. Is x-ray far away enough? I *think* it is...as the items used are different, and how you wear them and how the routines are taught...i didn't watch all the download for x-ray, so don't know about crediting...and of course, people who gave him quotes, I would have hoped say to rasmus "hey, this isn't exactly like Charles', but maybe drop him a line..."

and maybe that happened...dunno...

Charles is certainly well known enough within the community, and so are his effects...
I've asked to be banned
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
You know literally someone is going to post "where can I see this version" or "where can I buy this version" it's on his video mind set.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The company Unleash Your Dreams did release 'stones of divinity' which DID use the exact same gimmick as Eye 2 Eye, but felt cheaper...when I saw it, I emailed them, they said they didn't know about it and would "add Charles to the credits" and didn't reply when I said that they should stop making it...

or eddie burke's version "Black balled", which uses the original maven method...

there's a few more out there...
I've asked to be banned
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
PRetty sure I said that I remember others playing with this idea, that I had played with it myself and not original however I don't know of anyone who published it. This did not mean it had not, it was that I was not aware of anyone publishing it. I know for a fact many have used and played with the method. I even put the method into a watch that I could hear. A watch with the compass removed.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wow was just told Penguin already sold out...

Nice to see you here Banachek.....hope Houston not as hot as San Antonio...
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2016, Ross W wrote:
I think most of us here know roughly what's going on here. I have actually tried to make one of these myself ages ago with the, ah...more conventional accoutrement, shall we say, without much success. It just wasn't sensitive enough for my liking. (It was at the time of the release of a wristwatch which helped you achieve this effect, and there was a lengthy thread on the Café about whether there were lower-tech variants.)

I wonder if someone who has this might PM me to describe exactly what I am getting? If it's just a [thing] inside [another thing] then I can't see it being worth the price and it is CERTAINLY not new. Indeed, it has been discussed on the Café before without people being so coy about methods.

On the other hand, if Rasmus has refined the workings then I would definitely consider buying because it's a great trick.

Pay for the secret like every one else mate, total scrounger there

Karl The irony of this is sickening
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
What is it mate?
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, Banachek wrote:
PRetty sure I said that I remember others playing with this idea, that I had played with it myself and not original however I don't know of anyone who published it. This did not mean it had not, it was that I was not aware of anyone publishing it. I know for a fact many have used and played with the method. I even put the method into a watch that I could hear. A watch with the compass removed.

Thank you so much for the clarification.

BTW, just saw this https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-l......e-gauci/
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, Banachek wrote:

Thank you so much for the clarification.

BTW, just saw this https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-l......e-gauci/

Wow.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
just saw this https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-l......e-gauci/

Wow... I think I just may have to purchase that incredible deal!
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Just ordered it myself. Couldn't pass it up and hey...it's Father's Day!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I ordered as well. I can do a comparison of Charle's method and xray
WooverM
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of WooverM
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I ordered as well. I can do a comparison of Charle's method and xray

I think a lot of us will appreciate it when you do Smile
Woover
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
"what could be more idiotic, than guessing which ball is in a spectators fist. The very notion of using this as a routine is sophomoric"

Burn...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
You do know Kurotsuke is an old Max Maven effect.

Yes indeed and a dang good one at that. Just 5 marbles and a lunch bag. No gimmicks and a killer routine. Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, robd wrote:
"what could be more idiotic, than guessing which ball is in a spectators fist. The very notion of using this as a routine is sophomoric"

Burn...

But when using 5 spectators and ten hands.
It gets very interesting.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, bowers wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, robd wrote:

Burn...

But when using 5 spectators and ten hands.
It gets very interesting.

I agree, I have great reactions for years with Kurotsuke. I really do not like to do it, bored with it but refuse to take it out of my show due to the reactions. Smile
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Well I find all this !@#$%ing very interesting, I knew exactly what I was buying when I got this and was happy with my purchase.

I also have body language and eye to eye.

Just to clarify...body language is NOTHING like XRAY or EYE TO EYE and Im really shocked as to why it has even been mentioned???? baffling

BUT I would like to say this....

EYE to EYE should be taken of the market as IMO its incredibly dangerous and should not be sold IMO.
I bought it years ago and ended up in hospital with the gimmick lodged in my inner ear canal and had to have surgery to have it removed.
It caused permanent damage to my inner ear and as a result I would recomend magicians avoid it like the plaque.
don't get me wrong the idea is very clever and uses the same priniciple as XRAY.....but the gimick is not safe to use.
I have a fairly normal sized ear canal and used the gimmick as per the instructions, but on trying to remove the gimmick it slipped.
and has caused me serious ear problems for many years.

Please understand I'm not knocking the trick for no reason, I'm now partially deaf in my left ear as result of using this.
The reason I bought XRAY is I guessed it used a similar methis but in a safe and non dangerous way.

You have been warned, its upto you if you want to risk permanent damage to your hearing.
May your darkness come quickly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (133 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL