The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PM #1, #2, or #3? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Don't you just love and hate PM's? Over the last 500 something posts I've had a few that made my day and others that, well I'd rather not deal with. I'm sure some of you will insist you've received nothing but the friendliest and most positive PM's while others have mixed feelings about that electronic slap on the wrist.

I've made many friends and an enemy or two, corresponded with like minds, and even traded a couple of great Korean recipes!

I've heard from the newbie with a second post and even some of the most prolific posting members. I even heard from a housewife who was just checking up on her son. She wanted to know if this was, "An adult oriented site". Her son remains a member in good standing and doing great. So is my Korean recipe thanks to a friend here at The Magic Café. Some PM's were even misdirected at me, imagine that!

My card manipulation technique and awareness of cutting edge gaffs/methods continues to improve via the PM. So many great manipulators with vast experience sharing via that PM. Many of us remain very grateful and indebted to them.

The Pasteboard Frolic guys and I give it a rest now and then but still use the PM to hijack and hopefully subdue an opposing view.

Got to love and hate that red neon sign: "You have a private message". I can see them coming now.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Oh, so you're the popular guy.
Sure, rub it in.

The only people I ever hear from are Chosse when he wants some advice and Hideo when he's stumped for a new trick.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay, now imagine what this is like for Mickey Silver. Wonder if he gets any PMs? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
I've only had the best of luck with PM's. Though I usually initiate correspondence, those that reply have been most kind and quite beneficial to me.
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I agree: PM's have, for the most part, been a good thing for me. As with Mith, I typically instigate, but I've had some really good and valuable conversations over them.

The only thing I dislike about them, and it's really minor, is when someone replies to something I posted via PM but replies weeks or months after I posted and doesn't reference the post. LOL. I get quite confused, but that's not hard to do!

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
That's what I like about the new PM system, it shows you exactly what the conversation has been. Smile

Gotta Luv that. Smile

:cuteangel:
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Going underground?
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
If you could join me at my bar! :

Yada Yada Yada....Blah Blah Blah....!
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1265 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Randy,
I thought of sending you a blank PM just for the heck of it, but decided I would do my good deed for the day and not do it. Remember though, tomorrow is another day. Smile
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Man, most of my PM's are me getting yelled at for being a bad Café member! LOL!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2004-03-20 01:24, Samuel Catoe wrote:
Randy,
I thought of sending you a blank PM just for the heck of it but decided I would do my good deed for the day and not do it. day. Smile

Good one Samuel. I actually have received blank PM's as well. In fact, I responded to a member's blank PM once and asked if he had forgotten to enter a message. He responded "No, I gave you what you deserved - nothing".

Oh my! Hehehehe.
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
One of my first postings on the Café was accidently entered as a PM instead of as a posting (I thought maybe PM stood for "Post Message."). I don't remember who it was sent to or what the topic was, but I imagine it was rather a strange sounding message as it was intended for the public at large, rather than that individual.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1265 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Quote:
On 2004-03-20 11:10, RandyStewart wrote:
I responded to a member's blank PM once and asked if he had forgotten to enter a message. He responded "No, I gave you what you deserved - nothing".

Oh my! Hehehehe.

Now that was just wrong on the other person's part. I was talking about doing it just as a prank of sorts. I do hope that was how that other PM was meant. Not for your sake so much as for ALL of our's. Take care Randy.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

I like the PMs. They allow the public threads to stay on track.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PM #1, #2, or #3? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL