The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Breed of rabbit (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I had a couple of Dutch rabbits many years ago, a white/black and a white/brown. Both were friendly and personable, and I think it was the constant handling and just treating them like pets that did it. Also had a small white one that never got the idea, but was nice anyway.

What I got from them, and the parakeets, and the doves, was that each one had a distinct personality. They were individuals, just like our cats nowadays; they weren't just generic animals. I got to know them and they got to kmow me. It made all the difference.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I had a Dutch and stopped using a rabbit when he passed. I am thinking of getting another, as they sell the kid show, make it a real magic show, and are also cuddly pets.

I am not sure you can teach them to pick cards in their teeth, but there are some who do it naturally. You need to take an expendable deck with you when you pick your rabbit and make that skill one of the criteria for picking your new pet and assistant. You can make your rabbit the genius magician/mindreader by picking the force card.
tophatevents
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of tophatevents
[quote]On Dec 22, 2023, Mumblemore wrote:
I had a Dutch and stopped using a rabbit when he passed. I am thinking of getting another, as they sell the kid show, make it a real magic show, and are also cuddly pets.

My rabbits aren't cuddly, they accept me and my family but don't like to be pet by kids they don't know.
Luckily I have an Indian Runner duck who is also part of the show. All my ducks are very cuddly and they even go to the kids themselves to get a pet on the neck.
After my show, kids always ask to pet he bunny, but when I show them the duck they don't ask for the bunny anymore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Breed of rabbit (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL