The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello to all! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LadyJynx
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of LadyJynx
I am new and not at the same time. Excited to have finally gotten my account set up and looking forward to getting moving.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome LadyJynx,

Cryptic much? LOL

Care to explain "new and not at the same time"?

What kinds of Magic do you like?

-Mary Mowder
LadyJynx
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of LadyJynx
LOL It's not magic with out an element of mystery!

I am new to personally and directly interacting with the board. But I was introduced to the Magic Café years ago when I met my partner and mentor. He recently passed away and now I am on an adventure of finding out what I have learned. I have almost 9 years of study, and have contributed through him in the past. I know some on here, but mostly I am just starting out.

As far as what kind of magic do I like I would have to say all of it! What can I do remains to be discovered.
LadyJynx
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of LadyJynx
I guess you could say I am a legacy performer. My youngest's father was a magician and recently passed away. I am now moved up from face painter, assistant, and driver. It is my job to teach the little one. She wants to learn.

Currently my strongest skills are in the costume and scripting department.

I lack much slight of hand so cards are not my set. Yet. I have seen some really great effects. I can do some coin work, but it is quite limited, enough to pull off a coin pail though. Currently We are working on the sponge balls though.

I have a good production arsenal that I am familiar with.

I have a lot of buried knowledge that I am trying to access too. I know there things I know. I want to know what I don't know that I know. lol There is a lot of bizarre and mentalism buried there.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My condolences on the loss of you Husband.

If you can give a description of the Magic you are trying to recreate I may (or perhaps someone else) might point you in the right direction.

It might not be the same version or have the personal touches that your Husband added but we could probably suggest some version of the same effect and a source.

Trying to remember is a good thought exercise but knowing a source might be faster.

The best areas to post in will depend on what kinds of shows you think you'll be seeking. The Face painting skills suggest that you may already be connected to the Birthday Party market. "The Little Darlings" deals with that and other Family Stand-up, for the most part.

Costume and scripting are good skills to have.

Good for you, teaching your Daughter the Magic you know. I surely do wish I'd started younger.

-Mary Mowder
LadyJynx
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of LadyJynx
Thank you. We are grateful that his passing was as he would have picked it. We should all be so lucky.

My project of the moment is to snug up the children's show. I have performed it a few dozen times over the years to cover for him due to health issues. I will absolutely check out "The Little Darlings" Table.

I performed my first adult show last month. I am extremely grateful to everyone at The Gathering of Dark Magi for jumping in to help me figure out what I was doing! Having that under my belt means I no longer fear the kids shows!!! Still nervous but stepping up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello to all! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL