The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What A Sad Commentary On Where We Are As A Nation Today (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, acesover wrote:
I don't know Brian's experience with combat or spree shooters shootings in a social situation. But to be honest reading what he has to say I would say he has very little if any experience with any other than something he has read. I have zero experience with spree shooters or an attacker with a firearm in a social situation and hope I never have the experience.

and your point is
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, funsway wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
At 73 you should not carry a weapon.

no attack, Danny -- just wish you to clarify. Why should age be a criterion for gun carry?

Do you think a senior citizen is physically incapable of handling one properly?

Do you feel their judgement in a pressure situation will be poorer than that of a younger cohort?

Do you feel they have "less to protect" than a twenty year old and just pick off twirps for the fun of it?

What??

If age is somehow an important factor, it seems that all of the mass shooters of late have been in the 27-32 age group (those between age cohorts X and millennials)

So, wouldn't it make sense to ban gun ownership for people in that age group?

Do you notice how you ask questions then put forth your own answers? Can you ask a question without doing that?

Old people like you and aces are deteriorating physically and more significantly as we have seen mentally. Happens at different rates but it happens.

I have seen older people like you who should not drive doing so with disastrous results.

You yourself have mentioned eye trouble or hand trouble. Now with that you think you should be allowed to be crackling off rounds in public?

By the way remember your right to be free implies my right to be free from you. .
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Sorry, Danny. I had glasses since I was 8 years old and see just fine, and have never mentioned it. I was born with Farmer's Palsy and it has nothing to do with age.
Hand cramps since I was in my 40's. Sorry you have such fear over getting older.

Learned to shoot from my dad who dropped a Mule Deer at 817 yards standing without a scope when he was 84. I'm not that good, but do know when not to shoot which is more important.

simple question without any suggested possible responses (I have learned that younger folk, like yourself, often need clues)

why does owning a gun at any age equate with "cracking off rounds in public?"

and,

easiest way to be free from me is to not read my posts.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have found old people like yourself have never had a clue in 73 years.

And where is me having a fear of getting older coming from? Project much Methuselah?

See since you are old and losing comprehension skills let me explain. We are talking about here a spree killer, carjackings and such. That is not simply OWNING a gun but rather CARRYING one. To make it easier for you since that is obviously necessary, think of it as owning a car in your garage, and driving one in the street. I can't keep taking time to give you these examples you will have to try harder to keep up.

Your father dropping a mule deer at 84 years old has as much to do with this conversation as what he ate for breakfast that morning.

Go up a few posts and you will see that YOU RESPONDED to when I said (Should I yell all the time so you can hear me?)

"no attack, Danny -- just wish you to clarify. Why should age be a criterion for gun carry?

Do you feel their judgement in a pressure situation will be poorer than that of a younger cohort?

Do you feel they have "less to protect" than a twenty year old and just pick off twirps for the fun of it?

What??

If age is somehow an important factor, it seems that all of the mass shooters of late have been in the 27-32 age group (those between age cohorts X and millennials)

So, wouldn't it make sense to ban gun ownership for people in that age group?"

See how YOU shifted the goal posts as usual? Suddenly it is "gun ownership" and not a carry permit. By the way is the right to carry in the Constitution?

I know at your age your mind tends to drift and you forget things but don't you even remember your OWN POSTS? Or are they so bad that you want to be free from them as well?

Doing old things in new ways? No people have been doing the cranky old man thing for a long time. Hey that reminds me I keep meaning to ask you where is Waldorf?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
If you did not say I am engaging a shooter please explain this as you composed. It no back pedaling would be appreciated:
I have no problem making it as simple as possible for you, but you need to put something on the table in return. If you agree to admit that you shouldn't be carrying due to a lack of being able to assess a direct and logical line of thought by Brian, I will break down the three or four simple quotes necessary. It is a very simple and very direct line which was made and to which you are completely clueless. I fear when that happens in a live ammo situation you will again fail at assessment and make a poor decision possibly gravely endangering those around you.

My experience with firearms and my stance on the 2nd Amendment have nothing to do with your shortcomings of assessment. That is just a smoke screen attempt to divert attention.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
If you did not say I am engaging a shooter please explain this as you composed. It no back pedaling would be appreciated:
I have no problem making it as simple as possible for you, but you need to put something on the table in return. If you agree to admit that you shouldn't be carrying due to a lack of being able to assess a direct and logical line of thought by Brian, I will break down the three or four simple quotes necessary. It is a very simple and very direct line which was made and to which you are completely clueless. I fear when that happens in a live ammo situation you will again fail at assessment and make a poor decision possibly gravely endangering those around you.

My experience with firearms and my stance on the 2nd Amendment have nothing to do with your shortcomings of assessment. That is just a smoke screen attempt to divert attention.

Quite honestly from reading Brian's posts on this it is obvious that he knows nothing about carrying a firearm for self defense Having said that, there is no way I am going to admit that anything he says about carrying a firearm for defense of oneself and loved ones has merit. I believe the same can be said for Tom Cutts. I imagine are both of them are anti gun and anything they say regarding a weapon for self defense is obviously biased because of their stance on firearms.

Just what is Brian's logical line of thought that I should not be carrying? He does not even know me. So how can he make a logical decision on whether I should carry or not? Just what would his criteria be for being allowed to carry a firearm for self defense? Or is it that he feels that no one in his opinion should carry a firearm other than law enforcement, and of course bad guys?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Do you know where Brian lives and what his job is?

You just put another post in contention for dumbest post of the year. You are in contention for most.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
I imagine are both of them are anti gun and anything they say regarding a weapon for self defense is obviously biased because of their stance on firearms.
Classic bravado when you feel threatened, the kind that gets people killed.

That is quite an imagination. What things will you be imagining if gun fire breaks out?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:

And where is me having a fear of getting older coming from? Project much Methuselah?

See since you are old and losing comprehension skills let me explain. We are talking about here a spree killer, carjackings and such. That is not simply OWNING a gun but rather CARRYING one. To make it easier for you since that is obviously necessary, think of it as owning a car in your garage, and driving one in the street. I can't keep taking time to give you these examples you will have to try harder to keep up.

Your father dropping a mule deer at 84 years old has as much to do with this conversation as what he ate for breakfast that morning.

Go up a few posts and you will see that YOU RESPONDED to when I said (Should I yell all the time so you can hear me?)

"no attack, Danny -- just wish you to clarify. Why should age be a criterion for gun carry?

What??

See how YOU shifted the goal posts as usual? Suddenly it is "gun ownership" and not a carry permit. By the way is the right to carry in the Constitution?

I know at your age your mind tends to drift and you forget things but don't you even remember your OWN POSTS? Or are they so bad that you want to be free from them as well?

Doing old things in new ways? No people have been doing the cranky old man thing for a long time. Hey that reminds me I keep meaning to ask you where is Waldorf?

Danny,

You are in deep water and you are drowning in this discussion. You are trying to grab onto anything that floats and it is not working. Many of your discussions in the past have made sense and some others not so much. This is definitely going in the group of not so much.

You can play the age card if you wish but that shows nothing but desperation on your part. Your using my age of 73 as a reason for not allowing me to carry a firearm is probably one of the most asinine statements ever made by anyone on this forum. You definitely stepped over the line this time.

I am still quite capable of running my businesses despite my old age of 73 which should according to you limit my abilities. Danny seriously, get a life my good man. I can only hope others treat you with the respect "that you deserve" when you reach my age an are judged by your abilities and not by your age. Trust me I am not the person who has fallen down and cannot get up. That may be your stereotype of older people. Again get real my good man. You sound very bigoted when considering the capabilities of older individuals. Just out of curiosity Danny, what age should we take the firearms away from people? You must have an age in mind.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Listen, we are not going to agree or change either position. I don't like to tip my hand as that is not why I'm on this forum. I'm very happy to post my silly animated gifs and accept that sometimes I'm an A-hole. Okay, not sometimes but I digress. I have no issues with Acesover and accept our difference of opinion. People are digging in and when that happens things turn personal.

I'm more open on the private forums but this site is easily viewed; hence my ever so clever backwards user name.

To attempt to mellow out the thread I present Slim King's demo for Dancing with the Stars.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
I imagine are both of them are anti gun and anything they say regarding a weapon for self defense is obviously biased because of their stance on firearms.
Classic bravado when you feel threatened, the kind that gets people killed.

That is quite an imagination. What things will you be imagining if gun fire breaks out?

The only thing on my mind if and when gunfire would breakout and I was with my loved ones would be their safety. The last thing I would consider is taking out my firearm and engaging the shooter unless he was an eminent threat to cause deadly force to me and mine.

How many time do I have to spell it out for you? I am not carrying to defend the public? I am carrying to defend me and mine. I really believe you watch to much television and form the wrong ideas as to why individuals carry a firearm. Most are anything but cowboys and vigilantes. The police have a job and I have an obligation.

Honestly there is not much more I can say on this. You can keep adding scenarios and moving the goalposts but again it is out of desperation. When gunfire erupts one thing and only one thing is primary on my list. The safety of my loved ones. While this next statement may sound selfish it is the truth. If everyone perishes at said incident by me and my loved ones I feel I have fulfilled my obligation. What is the back of every law enforcement officer's head when on duty?. To go home alive and be with his or her family after completing their shift.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

What??

Danny,

You are in deep water and you are drowning in this discussion. You are trying to grab onto anything that floats and it is not working. Many of your discussions in the past have made sense and some others not so much. This is definitely going in the group of not so much.

You can play the age card if you wish but that shows nothing but desperation on your part. Your using my age of 73 as a reason for not allowing me to carry a firearm is probably one of the most asinine statements ever made by anyone on this forum. You definitely stepped over the line this time.

I am still quite capable of running my businesses despite my old age of 73 which should according to you limit my abilities. Danny seriously, get a life my good man. I can only hope others treat you with the respect "that you deserve" when you reach my age an are judged by your abilities and not by your age. Trust me I am not the person who has fallen down and cannot get up. That may be your stereotype of older people. Again get real my good man. You sound very bigoted when considering the capabilities of older individuals. Just out of curiosity Danny, what age should we take the firearms away from people? You must have an age in mind.

When someone has trouble following conversations like you and funsway maybe it is time to reexamine if they should have guns or drive or do surgery and so forth.

Well at least 1/2 of my posts make sense. That puts me ahead of you where none do. So I have that going for me. They make perfect sense, you just don't have the ability to keep up.

Oh and let me guess you are one of those old people who fall into the logical trap of if you agree with something it makes sense?

I LOVE when people say "get a life" or some such thing. It just says a lot more about what you obviously do not know.

And we ARE judging you by your abilities. The critical thinking ones you seem to lack that would go into thinking of when to use a gun. But let me guess just like funsway you are the best in the world at it right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What??

Danny,

When someone has trouble following conversations like you and funsway maybe it is time to reexamine if they should have guns or drive or do surgery and so forth.

Well at least 1/2 of my posts make sense. That puts me ahead of you where none do. So I have that going for me. They make perfect sense, you just don't have the ability to keep up.

Oh and let me guess you are one of those old people who fall into the logical trap of if you agree with something it makes sense?

I LOVE when people say "get a life" or some such thing. It just says a lot more about what you obviously do not know.

And we ARE judging you by your abilities. The critical thinking ones you seem to lack that would go into thinking of when to use a gun. But let me guess just like funsway you are the best in the world at it right?

I am at best, better than average of most target and shooters. However target shooting has nothing in common with defending one's life as targets do not shoot back. I know nothing about funsway. But I am willing to wager I am better than you at .45 Caliber National Match Course with a possible of 900 and would love to have the opportunity to prove it. But that is a moot point as it has nothing to do with a self defense situation in real life. However it does add to my credibility and proficiency with a pistol at the old age of 73.

As far as critical thinking goes in a self defense situation my whole being is focused on coming out alive with me and my loved ones unharmed and not to worry about the shooter unless he or she is an eminent threat. Then and only then am I concerned about disabling the shooter.

Lastly consider me guilty if I agree with something because I feel it makes sense. Otherwise I would not agree with it. So guilty as charged. you certainly got me there.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I myself (I am only 53) continually practice with nunchucks.

I feel extremely safe.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, stoneunhinged wrote:

I feel extremely safe.

Quite honestly if at bad breath distance I have my pistol holstered and you have the nunchucks out and attack me ... I am most likely a goner.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, stoneunhinged wrote:

I feel extremely safe.

Quite honestly if at bad breath distance I have my pistol holstered and you have the nunchucks out and attack me ... I am most likely a goner.

Does this mean you prefer stage magic over close up? Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
L@@K ... Good Guys with Guns STOP Bad Guys with Guns ... TODAY!!!!!!
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/augusta-......57256957
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2016, Slim King wrote:

Of course this does not count because no minorities got killed by a white bad person so it is not news worthy for the left press. Also after reading the names and nick names I am sure it is nothing but racial profiling. (Sarcasm). These were just a couple of guys fooling around with illegal drugs and dealing and breaking probation along with illegal use of firearms and are now being picked on. This should be banned from all news media.

You should be ashamed for bringing this up slim. (sarcasm).
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2016, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2016, Slim King wrote:

Of course this does not count because no minorities got killed by a white bad person so it is not news worthy for the left press. Also after reading the names and nick names I am sure it is nothing but racial profiling. (Sarcasm). These were just a couple of guys fooling around with illegal drugs and dealing and breaking probation along with illegal use of firearms and are now being picked on. This should be banned from all news media.

You should be ashamed for bringing this up slim. (sarcasm).

+1
Check out Bafflingbob.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I had a bad day. Not enough to pull out my nunchucks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What A Sad Commentary On Where We Are As A Nation Today (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL