The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Carney, "Vanishing Coins" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thought I'd start a thread for this new DVD, shipping this week, that was reviewed in the current Genii.

http://carneymagic.com/product/vanishing-coins/

I generally don't like DVDs that are too homemade in their production values. And I am not a coin person. But I always want to get some basic coin handling down and find most DVDs dealing too much with routines I'll never do. So, there's something appealing to me about a DVD that is just coin vanishes.

Anyone seen this?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
There is a short list of performers where I will buy any DVD they put out, simply because I enjoy watching them and always learn something from them.
John Carney is definitely on that list so I don't even need to see a review to know that I will be buying this.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Everyone entering magic should learn this material. It will teach you more then just coin vanishes.

Click the coin to watch the promo video.

blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Are there any reviews on this?
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Looks like a great DVD, with a lot of details on coin control; definitely picking this up.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Smile Ten bucks and a bowl of nuts says you thought he did a strike vanish and watched it again!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Where do I send the money and which type of nuts would you prefer EZ?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I had the opportunity to see a part of this, and it is definitely a winner. John teaches some more eclectic vanishes, and is not only clear in his explanations, he gives a great amount of material on history, and finesse. This is worth the study. Even if you decide not to use the vanish taught, you will learn many tips that you can apply to your own magic. This is not a trick dvd, it is a learning tool to better your own magic.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Charlieherbertmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Charlieherbertmagic
That vanish with the pencil is very deceptive! Anybody know who the originator of it is?
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
The vanish with the pencil is Johns variation of a David Roth vanish (which he also teaches) and it is a beautiful move. You will learn something from this dvd and John is a wonderful teacher.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Carney, "Vanishing Coins" (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL