The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David stone Live at FFFF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Do you rec the new dvd david stone Live at FFFF. What is the skill level of the effects? What sleights are taught
Thanks
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I'll be recieving this tomorrow. I'll review it as soon as I get it.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Looking forward to the review, Trikcard.
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Quite simply put David Stone is phenomenal. This DVD is no exception. His performance of Splash Bottle is great. The Stone Change, and Double Flip are excellent as well. My only gripe is that it's so far back that the coin effects are hard to see. What he discusses about table hopping is well worth the tape. Finally a good approach to a table that I will be using. Overall, this is a great DVD. But if you are new to David Stone, get his Second Coin magic tape and prepare to be floored. He's the best with coins, ecspecially Jumbos, IMHO.
After watching again, the card on seat is phenomenal. This is one I overlooked at first, but now, it's definitely going into my routine. I've performed it five times in the past couple days, and it floors people. I believe it's called self-worked on the DVD.

As far as skill level, it varies. His self-worked is SIMPLE!! But the reaction is outstanding. I really enjoy this trick. This is the reaction that I normally have to practice for weeks to get.

Mahood
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Mahood
I agree with "self-worked", almost self working, yet astonishing for onlookers.
His work on the torn-and-restored cigarette is great also---very usable, though not all of the routine is explained, but if you've seen the coin magic videos you'll be able to work it out.

I was slightly disappointed with splash bottle, simply because it was only at the lecture that he was selling the gimmick you need to do it, though if you already perform a version of this, you may still gain some good tips to put to use in your own presentation of it.

The only other downfall, I feel, is that since Mr Stone is from France, his accent takes a bit of getting used to. Unlike the dubbed coin magic videos, he is actually speaking in this! (maybe not that surprising considering it's a live lecture! Smile)

The biggest highlight of this DVD for me, was David's presentation---in particular his humour! He had me in fits of laughter from start to finish!

If you buy this, I would suggest that you ignore the performance option on the DVD and click on the "explanations" part, because this will then show you the full lecture uncut, in a trick/explanation, trick/explanation style, which was the way it was originally filmed. As a result if you click the 'performance' part, after every effect, the DVD will jump and go to the next effect, and quite often I felt just slightly lost, due to this.

Anyway, it's certainly worth buying, even for the self-worked effect, not to mention seeing the genius himself perform live! AND all for a pretty cheap price (around £24 in the UK, maybe $30-35??).

Cheers,

John
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I agree. David's sense of humor really came out in this one. The Splash Bottle gimmick, by the way,is available from Murphy's Magic Supplies, so your dealer should be able to get it. It's called Splash Bottle, and since it's manufactured in Europe, I'm sure Europeans can get it as well.

Joey

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David stone Live at FFFF (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL