The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (57 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Here is the link for the DOATM book...

https://sellfy.com/p/hEui/

Or

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/diary-of-a-t......download

The ad copy reads nice.

Is this Video download an improvement over the routine in the book?

Ray
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I bought the book and it is great. AOK is wonderful in construction. Of course, I will need some time to personalize it but the book has a lot of nice presentations, themes, and food for thought.

Note that AOK comes with a 1.5 minute video showing thr actual work from performer's view.

I would like to know if the Penguin download is worth having if one owns the book. Or is it exacrly as described in DOATM.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
AOK (Art of Knowing) is an amazing routine, with a very simple and very deceptive method. Drawing duplications are just a starting point. The method can be used to obtain any information written on the cards, with 100% of the card visible to the performer. And, after each reveal, you can, if you choose, hand each person's card back to them. On top of that, you end completely clean. Highly recommended.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I like this a lot.... the stack part, I do like to drop a business card on top with an eyeball on it....glad to know that I accidentally went back to the original concept - I find for me it fits more with the eerie side of my character.... I like also then the stack acts as a "block" to see through - either way, I love this routine.

Got my mind clinking around!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Another aspect of AOK I really like is no wallets or envelopes are used. Nothing wrong at all with envelopes or wallets. Some routines are enhanced by their use, in certain contexts they offer advantages and some performers just like using them. That said, I really like the effect AOK achieves with nothing other than a small stack of completely ungimmicked cards and a pen.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Excellent work! This is definitely something I will use.

kJ
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
I really like this. The simplicity of the whole thing and being totally clean at the beginning and end is great. Lots of possibilities. Great effect Lewis!
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey Lewis, just want to say this is a class routine. Ran with it today on one person doing a past present future type routine. Man it really is great. Easy to do and super powerful.

Well done Lewis and thanks for sharing ;-)

Séa
I love post its Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Am I crazy?

Combine this with a fairer version of Rose by Fraser.

First, Second, Last. Allow the spect to jump and apply any word of description. Reading and name reveal. I believe this is vague enough for only those who have both to get the jist without giving away methods.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
RedDevil, that's a beautiful idea. In fact I liked the idea so much I immediately grabbed my business cards and tried it out. Even to a well seasoned spectator who is lucky(?) enough to watch all things magic I perform, she was freaking out every step of the way. Revealing the name at the end was an added kicker which allowed the effect to flow so well and gave every step purpose. So yes, you're crazy, a crazy good thinker!!

This just solidifies the point that AOK is so versatile you can combine it with other effects such as Rose. But even that isn't necessary because on its own it's crazy strong. I've performed it a handful of times already and it goes over than more than just a feat of mind reading. It's so much more personal than that and forces the spectators to the only conclusion which is you picking up on their personalities. Revealing their drawing is almost not as important. One of my favorite effects released in a while.

Michael
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I highly recommend Fraser's ROSE by the way...It's my favorite of Fraser's individual PDF's...
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Seung
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Seung
I have mixed feelings about Penguin Releases nowadays. Penguin should work less on editing and maybe showing full trailers so that you know exactly what you are getting. A.O.K. is an interesting and a workable routine you can easily modify. However, P**k Performances by Richard Busch will be a better bang for the buck. But this is not stating AOK is bad, in fact, it gives great routine and structure ideas. I personally wouldn't buy it again because I have other methods of p***s I prefer but it is still a good idea and routine. The principles are nothing new; however it can definitely be used in real life but needs to be tweaked to your effort and needs.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
It is a wonderful routine. I came up with a different handling, I didn't say better Smile , but it helps to deal with some of the mentioned issues... I posted a little video for it, it is not public nor listed. If you are interested please go downstairs ("Inner Secrets") to find the link. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I've posted a few variations to Jan's excellent handling on the Penguin sub-forum associated with AOK.

There really are a TON of alternative handling possibilities with this! Well done Jan! And, again, WELL DONE LEWIS!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Arcato
View Profile
New user
Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Arcato
I agree with Drew,
excellent alternative handling, thanks Jan!
But also very well done Lewis, this has SO MANY possibilities! I'm extremely happy with it! I'm going to test the basic routine on some friends today...
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Jan's handling posted on the Penguin AOK sub-forum is brilliant! Much appreciated!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks, please watch out also a bit for the subtleties which I am mentioning and which do not concern directly my alternative handling Smile . Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
Jan, thanks for sharing your take on AOK. The fundamentals of the routine/concept remain, but in a lot of ways you've made a key part of this even more deceptive. I highly recommend at least considering the alternate ideas in the Penguin forum. I'm now using a little of Jan's and a little of the original and I'm very happy with it.

~Dave
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks, Dave, glad you like it Smile I've done it last night again for a small group and it played one time more extremely well. Nothing has been questioned, and as it is so clean you perform very relax, people don't have a chance however they behave or look for. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi gang, did a really rough and ugly vid for yet another variation. I've been using this one the last week - more spooky style but you can forget the eye if you want.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (57 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL