The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1504 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7251

What do you guys think?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1504 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Sometimes, I wonder how accurate they are when they say "walk up to someone and read their mind." It seems like all mentalism tricks say that in their ad.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
Well, the "info" sounds very good, but there is no performance at all on the trailer, so I have to wonder. Impromptu, nothing but pen and paper, no preshow, no CTs, no gimmicks, 100% hits. Too good to be true? Peter Turner and Dee Christopher "endorse" is and candidly,. their stuff is usually psychological in nature, often prone to influence and misses so I'm guardedly optimistic. It's not a break the bank purchase, but would love to hear from someone else before I drop the $15 on it.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
nathoudini
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of nathoudini
Like Magic KL, I saw every mentalism trick description on the market start with "walk up to someone and read their mind."

I didn't purshased it for now either (for the same reason as daver), but I really hope it's new and like other tricks like "Revelation" (regarding the business card)...
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
730 Posts

Profile of scott0819
The description/trailer does not do a great job at conveying what it is or at least how it’s unique compared to other products on the market. So who’s going to take the plunge and report back?
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
The trailer could have been an e-mail. There's zero info in it. I accept that trailers don't want to expose methods by having people watch over and over till they figure it out, but they need to at least throw us something. I get more leery of an effect that shows nothing rather than shows, but has strategic cuts.

All we know is that it is claimed:

1) Walk into a place.
2) Have or borrow pen and paper
3) Someone thinks, and writes.
4) Someone puts it face down, or shuffles them if there are several.
5) Performer reveals which person did which one, and divines what the drawings are

Claims of no CT, no preshow, impromptu, 100%, no gimmicks. (and yes, combination of two methods are in the text) The holy grail. But no performance on the trailer. (So why the trailer at all???) Curiosity has me, but still...
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1901 Posts

Profile of ted french
No pre show and no psychological stuff either. I started using this instantly after learning the method.
P3
practice practice perform.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1504 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
You got it? Can you tell us more?

Thanks.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
I also noticed that Dee Christopher has/had a book on his site from Lewis, (and he was talking it up on another thread ) that had this effect in it. 30GBP was the price I think. And this was like 2 weeks ago. But the book is now no longer on the site, but this one effect at $15USD (about 11.5GBP today) is now on Penguin. Business is business, but I might have actually bought this 30GBP book and not jazzed about the shell game. Still very curious...
Dave

daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2016, ted french wrote:
No pre show and no psychological stuff either. I started using this instantly after learning the method.

So it is pretty much as claimed? How has it been for you? Reactions? You think it is one where people are genuinely wondering WTF?
Dave

seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I like this. I can't really say much without giving the method away. It is simple to do and you probably use the method or something similar already....but I never used it to achieve such a strong result. It is really, really nicely routines.
I love post its Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Is it grab some biz cards m##k them and hand them to appropriate person?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
724 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
The backs are completely blank with no marks. Also, the drawings are revealed before being shown along with who drew the picture.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1504 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
This sounds amazing!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1081 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Sounds like a variation of SNEAK THIEF,made popular by Larry Becker. Many variations of that effect.
johnreagan
View Profile
New user
TX/TN
18 Posts

Profile of johnreagan
My thoughts: I can think of one way to do this, easily, and I'll be a little sad if I spend $20 for confirmation.

I would have trouble doing it for more than 5 or so people, so I'm hoping the method is better than mine, and doesn't rely on having an extra-sharp brain to pull off. =)
johnreagan
View Profile
New user
TX/TN
18 Posts

Profile of johnreagan
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2016, johnreagan wrote:
My thoughts: I can think of one way to do this, easily, and I'll be a little sad if I spend $20 for confirmation.

I would have trouble doing it for more than 5 or so people, so I'm hoping the method is better than mine, and doesn't rely on having an extra-sharp brain to pull off. =)

Just got it. Watched it. Here's my first-impressions:

It's not what I thought of, which is good.

It's something I'm familiar with, which is good.

It's probably best done as he does it; with pre-cut cards / business cards of some kind... which I don't / won't carry, so I'll have to get creative with using this. If you do carry those sorts of things, this is definitely simple enough to learn, and principle that you are probably already familiar with.

If you already know, or can spend some time coming up with your own single-to-multi-person drawing/word dupe type effect, you may not want to spend $20 on this.

If you do *not* already have the know-how, then it's probably worth it.

The teaching is clear, if not slow. The extra info he tries to provide is a little bit mediocre, in my opinion, but I appreciate the effort of adding value.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Indeed, my thought as well, just a reverse "Sneak Thief" where you have a final mind reading after a longer process of pseudo psychometrie.... While here you obviously have to start with one process of pseudo psychometrie followed by multiple revelations/mind reading stunts. Sort of strange communication between dead objects (the cards) and the mentalist as he has to know the written information on "face down" cards before he can proclaim to whom the card belongs. Might be quite interesting... Smile While I can think of several handlings to accomplish that, here I could only speculate as the video doesn't show anything (which I understand and find o. k. here).

BTW, "Sneak Thief" is clearly predated by Max Maven who gets for some inexplicable reasons seldom credited... (see his "Desire", 1976). Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1350 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey guys! This effect is in his new book and I really like this one !

Easy, powerfull and smooth to do.. Loved it !
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
info@olivierboes.com
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Apparently the new book is no longer available. But this sounds interesting indeed!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (52 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL