The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Arcato
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of Arcato
I showed this to some of my magician/ mentalist friends on Tuesday and they really liked the routine; however when you get together, new ideas come up and things get improved... with this we thought about one part of the routine that has nothing to do with the handling...
Since I don't have access to the "Inner Secrets" section yet, I'll post our findings on the Penguin forum for the effect...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11605 Posts

Profile of John C
Nice job. I like it. I'll try it out.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
558 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Are the business cards used here larger than standard business cards? They seem larger to me
Have a nice day
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
It is up to you what to use... there is no limit in the cards' dimension...
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
558 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Dear BlackZ,

Thanks for answering. However, that was not my question.

I only wanted to know if the blank business cards are larger than usual (because they seem so) and if that is the case I would like to use them for my effects because I like them better.

Thanks
Have a nice day
Arcato
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of Arcato
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, Maxyedid wrote:
I only wanted to know if the blank business cards are larger than usual (because they seem so) and if that is the case I would like to use them for my effects because I like them better.

Thanks


Lewis does not mention the size of the cards in the video; if you like the large ones better you can use them of course...
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3691 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Size doesn´t matter technically... And: Just a little remark: you could do my exact handling also using only 5 business cards (when using 3 spectators). Then you would not need the block auf business cards. The handling is almost as easy and smooth as with a block of cards. If you use less or more spectators just keep in mind that you have always 2 cards more than you actually need for your spectators Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
If you use index cards or post cards it will influence your handling choices - considerations of angles / sitting / standing etc but the penguin site has at least 3 variations of methods now - the original is great - I designed my version as I like a particular method that is similar to the original but for allowing your hands to be burned just in case with a Becker bit tossed in.

Someone also posted a nice tutorial vid on a variation of the original method tech

It's such a nice routine I'm sure others will create more variations.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
P.S. Iain and I are doing some mentalism jam sessions for presentation angles in the INNER THOUGHTS Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Arcato
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of Arcato
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, Dr Spektor wrote:
P.S. Iain and I are doing some mentalism jam sessions for presentation angles in the INNER THOUGHTS Smile

Hm, can't get there yet Smile... wait for me Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, Dr Spektor wrote:
If you use index cards or post cards it will influence your handling choices - considerations of angles / sitting / standing etc but the penguin site has at least 3 variations of methods now - the original is great - I designed my version as I like a particular method that is similar to the original but for allowing your hands to be burned just in case with a Becker bit tossed in.

Someone also posted a nice tutorial vid on a variation of the original method tech

It's such a nice routine I'm sure others will create more variations.


Where can I find all this extra stuff?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Penguin forum for purchasers
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ppw
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of ppw
Can anyone recommend a type/brand of blank business cards that work well with this? Mine are too sticky.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3691 Posts

Profile of JanForster
If you use my handling it doesn't matter... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Just order ones that have basic gloss and you are set - you need nothing fancier.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
BC: Order Semigloss Aqueous - they are best as they slide well, and you can write on them with a ballpoint ben without any issue. Just ordered 1000. Love them. They fold well too

ASIDE: if you looked at ASE of Harlan thread, I've combined these two... and put in one other EYE thing so you get a triple threat. I like ASE and AOK - they are like chocolate and peanut butter.

THOUGHT: per the Penguin thread of "why #" well, here what I do instead of #'ing - what I just tried and it works well was rather than draw a box or crystal or etc is just draw a large eye shape without the pupil/iris... blank.... people draw in the "eye" and when you drop your "AOK-eye" on top of the stack, you say you are seeing though into the drawing through the eye.

Image


That looks pretty innocent

EEEEYYYEEEEEEEEES
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ppw
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of ppw
Thanks for the recommendations! Jan, even with your handling the cheapo cards I bought from Staples are too sticky ;-)
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1442 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2016, Dr Spektor wrote:
BC: Order Semigloss Aqueous - they are best as they slide well, and you can write on them with a ballpoint ben without any issue. Just ordered 1000. Love them. They fold well too

ASIDE: if you looked at ASE of Harlan thread, I've combined these two... and put in one other EYE thing so you get a triple threat. I like ASE and AOK - they are like chocolate and peanut butter.

THOUGHT: per the Penguin thread of "why #" well, here what I do instead of #'ing - what I just tried and it works well was rather than draw a box or crystal or etc is just draw a large eye shape without the pupil/iris... blank.... people draw in the "eye" and when you drop your "AOK-eye" on top of the stack, you say you are seeing though into the drawing through the eye.

Image


That looks pretty innocent

EEEEYYYEEEEEEEEES


Very nice ideas, Dr. Spektor! Thank you.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Image


Freehand ugly .... no matter where its oriented - it does't matter. You don't need to remember anything so long as you always do the same little things.

Image


Got my 1000 Semi-Gloss Aq... so having lots of fun.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
54 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
AOK is certainly a true & tried approach for what really comes across as perplexing and amazing. Lewis is giving us the 'real' thing, given his experience & persona. Thanks Penguin!
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL