The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1170 Posts

Profile of Jared
After reading all the positive reviews I took the plunge and am glad I did. The method is practical, bullet-proof, and the routine flows nicely. I almost joined the other Café skeptics who thought there was new about this but they're wrong. It's going to be nice to perform a "Sneak Thief" type routine on the fly without having to mark cards in advance etc. As others have noted previously, this is a "worker".
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
Welcome to the club. Haha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I also bought it last night well you have to really at that price lol

I like the effect and tried it today it worked like a dream I did put my slight slant on it adding more contact with the spectator when making the connection.

Trying to work out a way to upscale it for stage work.

Dr Rob.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3657 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I got this niw based upon the positive revuews. Rhis is an excellent and well thiught out routine. This is the strongest use of a well kniwn mentalism principle thwt I have seen. The so called move is super duper easy and clearly explained and shown. The movemove is a non issue. The luve demo could have been shot with better lighting, but it was clear enough. The explanation was very thorough and clearly shown. There were several variations discussed and shown. A great routine! Highly recommended.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
I have a different way to execute this. Not necessarily a better way but a different way perhaps one that some of you may like. I think I'll let the creator in on it then maybe a few of you.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6708 Posts

Profile of bowers
If you do John.
I would love to hear it.
Todd
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
152 Posts

Profile of Davdo
I like this a lot. Maybe it's just my inexperience, but I can't think of another use of this move in mentalism. What a great use of a simple technique and a well-plotted routine. Also, I have to second the comment that the move is not tough. It's so out of the box that it can be super sloppy and still go unnoticed.
Thanks for the release, Lewis!

~Dave
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I have to admit this is a very good effect. I am very happy I invested in this. I think just about anyone who buys this will be glad they did.

Good magic to all,

Eric
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Yes - super sloppy moves go un-noticed. Go ahead and keep on fooling yourselves.
Lakewood, Ohio
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Super sloppy moves? Are you serious or just kidding? The "move" you call super sloppy is a well known and when exicuted well is a fantastic classic move that has been used in magic and mentalism for many many years by very professional entertainers sir. I'm hoping you are kidding. However I will say a move should never be sloppy that's where practice comes in but this "move" is a classic for a reason.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
Super sloppy moves? Are you serious or just kidding? The "move" you call super sloppy is a well known and when exicuted well is a fantastic classic move that has been used in magic and mentalism for many many years by very professional entertainers sir. I'm hoping you are kidding. However I will say a move should never be sloppy that's where practice comes in but this "move" is a classic for a reason.

Good magic to all,

Eric

I know what you mean but in this routine I think if you have sold your self as a mentalist, the spectator simply wont be looking for a move which you do on the offbeat and with a degree of cover. If you've just done a card demonstration that shows of your sleight of hand ability (god only knows why you would, before doing this) I'd agree that you may come underfire a little bit. I think the point the great gumbini is making is that you don't need to do this difficult move with the same degree of accuracy you would if it were used in a card routine.
Connerz88
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
4 Posts

Profile of Connerz88
Must admit I'm a big fan of Lewis' work, so this was a no brainier for me. I bought it as soon as it released.

I absolutely love the routine as there's only one move which allows me to focus on the presentation.

I look forward to testing it out this weekend at my local. I'll let you all know how it plays out in the 'real world'...

Hope you're all having a great week!
"Vincit qui se vincit" - Publilius Syrus
www.chrisconwaymagic.com
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
871 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I was wondering if this download expands on the content of Art of Knowing in Lewis's book, Diary of a Travelling Man? Or is it the same content but just in video format?

If someone gets the book, is this download considered redundant?
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
152 Posts

Profile of Davdo
Sure, I was exaggerating a little with "super sloppy" but as others have said, if you're a mentalist performing mentalism (as opposed to throwing a bit of mental magic into an otherwise standard magic performance) there's no heat on the move, so it doesn't need to be a flawless execution. The move itself is rather simple as it is but in this context, even someone with weakness in this area can make it work. I'm sure there's some buffoon out there that is so horrible at this sort of thing that he or she will prove me wrong, but other than the very worst, I think most on this board will find it refreshingly easy to do.

~Dave
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1170 Posts

Profile of Jared
A couple of minor "tweaks" that I came up with. Instead of the standard turnover suggested by Lewis execute a half-pass. Next, to add justification for placing the remaining stack of cards onto the written cards do this instead...Use Bob Cassidy's excellent idea of a visualizing on a movie screen.

Draw a square that represents a theatre screen onto the top card of the stack you are holding. Then as you place the remaining stack onto each single card, ask them to visualize seeing their drawing inside the drawn "box". Of course, you can substitute anything for the movie screen (a blank canvas, a TV screen, computer monitor etc.).
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
My suggestion or enhancement or detraction (as some may define) is to use a g###e in some or all instances. Try it out you may like it you may hate! But, give it a try.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4606 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think the half pass is overkill and is more susceptible to be noticed, not necessary the pass but having the hands come together takes away from the effect and lessons it IMO. Simply dropping your hand to the side and doing the move is much more deceptive. Though, I do love Cassidy's movie screen visualization idea! Makes perfect sense!

RNK
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2016, j100taylor wrote:
Yes - super sloppy moves go un-noticed. Go ahead and keep on fooling yourselves.
Lennart green fools very well with sloppy moves. And what about the slop shuffle.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I purchased this, and thought it was good. I'm not a fan of the method used to determine "who wrote what", but the method of getting the information is efficient and deceptive. There are a few unmotivated physical actions that take place, but they are not overly offensive. Overall, I'd say this is very clever and practical.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
Movie screen is a standard mentalism method in my mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK by Lewis Lé Val (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL